Overspent on my 400k Visa funds.

Am coming up to the renewal of my Non O Marriage Visa at the end of the month. Stupidly I used the wrong card and dipped below the 400k threshold needed in the bank for minimum 60 days, so I'm about 3 weeks adrift. I went to the local immigration office but came away none the wiser, apart from pay 15000 and no problem, shouldn't have taken the Wife! 

What is the best and least hassle way to bide my time until I have accrued the 60 days required ?

Thanks in advance

AG

• Like 1

are the 400K to show needed in 1 Bank account, or can this amount be shown from 2 or more accounts?
Like first account with 300K and a second account with 100K ? only asking

7 minutes ago, HampiK said:

are the 400K to show needed in 1 Bank account, or can this amount be shown from 2 or more accounts?
Like first account with 300K and a second account with 100K ? only asking

i use two accounts, one is USD account and the other is a THB account.  but they need to be in your name only.  no joint accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can ask for a 60 day extension (1,900 baht), and then go for the 1 year extension again towards the end of the 60 days.

You don’t need to provide any financials, but your wife will need to go with you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can ask for a 60 day extension (1,900 baht), and then go for the 1 year extension again towards the end of the 60 days.

You don’t need to provide any financials, but your wife will need to go with you.

That is what i thought, maybe I will go back again without the Wife, 1900 Baht and not the 15k quoted is much more reasonable.

Thanks

40 minutes ago, AlfGarnett said:

That is what i thought, maybe I will go back again without the Wife, 1900 Baht and not the 15k quoted is much more reasonable.

Thanks

As was explained, the 60-day extension (if you are eligible for it) is easy to get, but your wife must be present.

3 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Does the reverse sequence working i.e. apply 60 days extension after 1 year extension?

Yes you can unless you have gotten a 60 day extension since starting the one year extensions. 

• Like 2

I went to the local immigration office but came away none the wiser, apart from pay 15000 and no problem

I don't understand about the 15k? Did they want a bung? Seems a lot for a small infringement.

So if he have a second account and with this one together he have the 400K for 3 months, which would not work?
Or this is too complicated because the second account probably is a using account which have more or less over the last 3 months?

I would think since you "used the wrong account" you should at minimum while figuring out what to do, top that account back up over 400k so you could show the money was only out of the account for a brief period by mistake in case you try to reason with the IO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buick said:

i use two accounts, one is USD account and the other is a THB account.  but they need to be in your name only.  no joint accounts.

You can use a joint account, but only 50% of the balance.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You can use a joint account, but only 50% of the balance.

Depends on where you apply. There is no rule/regulation that says the 400K must be in a sole account. If they accept a joint account there is no rule/regulation that says it must have a minimum balance of 800K.

Anyone wanting to use a joint account is best advised to check their local offices policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Depends on where you apply. There is no rule/regulation that says the 400K must be in a sole account. If they accept a joint account there is no rule/regulation that says it must have a minimum balance of 800K.

Anyone wanting to use a joint account is best advised to check their local offices policy.

When I did my extension of stay I used a joint account that had about 1.5 mil baht, but they said that only half that was mine, so I was just under the 800,000 baht I needed, but they allowed it anyway. Only did it once, now I have a separate account that just holds the 800,000 for the extension. I'm sure it can differ from office to office, like everything else.

Edited by giddyup

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

Anyone with a joint Account needs to be psychologically appraised.   :cheesy:

• Like 1