A good experienced veterinarian in Samui?

I have a 2-month-old little cat with an eye that doubled in size, I went to a first veterinarian telling me it was probably coryza, he gave the cat antibiotic and local cream, two weeks later it is much worst, my wife wanted

to have another opinion, we went to another veterinarian, he says he has no idea but talked about taking off the eye...help!

The little cat plays normally, eats normally and does not seem to suffer.

Both doctors I have seen were very young if someone knew an experienced veterinarian I would be too happy to show him/her the kitten.

Thanks for answering.

33 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes, Samui Animal Clinic, been using that vet several times. Google Map here...:smile:

I know this Animal Clinic, we saw them two weeks ago already, it was a very young man, charming by the way, he thought it was influenza gave us for the cat antibiotic by mouth and antibiotic cream and drops for inflammation,  unfortunately to no avail.

But make no mistake anyone, I certainly do not mean he was not a good vet, but since it was not working right or wrong we would have liked another opinion.

Since I had also received another address in PM I will go this afternoon after I will have seen 3 vets I will have a better conscience,  :smile:

I know one cannot do a miracle, but at least I would not have easily accepted that nothing can be done for the kitten.

Thank you for taking time for answering

1 hour ago, notmyself said:

Go to pharmacy buy teramycin or similar eye ointment- v small tube- or drops-
Something with antibiotic anti fungal and steroid in.
Should cost you 50-100 thb

That is what my friend says.

I bought "Vislube" in pharmacy yesterday night, 20 monodose, 490 Baht... As I said I will go to see another vet this afternoon.

1 minute ago, sticky said:

See Dr. Somak in the clinic opposit the post office in Chewang, he is the most experienced vet on Samui and well respected. Insist on seeing hiim and not his young assistants.

Sorry misspelt Dr's name it is Somsak.

Archived