PIR Light

louialive

11 hours ago, louialive said:

Want to order them and send to family up north in Isaan

Such stuff is nowadays available in most major home stores up here.

(like the link in previous post HomePro is a source).

The OP seems to have good intentions to help a Thai family living in Isaan. He certainly can buy PIR lights on line, but he will help his family lower their PEA monthly electric bill if he does NOT buy that Halogen PIR light linked at HomePro. Plenty of on line sellers and most every builders merchants worth shopping in Isaan Thailand will offer EVE Lighting IP65 PIR LED motion sensor light fixtures.  Easy to compare why LED is better than halogen for a house in a Thailand village.  Eve lighting was started in  Thailand by former Philips lighting executives. 

https://www.superbrightleds.com/blog/led-vs-incandescent-vs-halogen/707/

Buriram Eve PIE Motion LED ip65 security lighting Thailand.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having difficulty with IR motion sensors.  They keep switching on and off even when nobody is around, possibly from the hot breezes that blow through the hallways.I have several portable ones too, that are battery operated like this:

ae04ec2a9d42d11f8d53f4bb7354a795.jpg

When I relocate them to my office (which is always air-conditioned at a constant 26-27°), they become stable.  But if I move them out into the hot part of the house where it's usually around 34-36° (which is nearly the same as human skin temperature), they constantly flick on and off all day and night.

Am I the only one having this problem?

• 2 months later...