Customs

Bill

I'm planning a vacation in Thailand for a few months.  Last time I was there, I remember having to fill out the customs declaration form before arriving at the airport.  They wanted to know about my laptop, digital camera, and other similar items I had with me.  Upon arrival, I went to the "items to declare" line but the customs official just waved me through.  Did I get lucky?

Since I'll be staying longer this next time, I want to bring a bit more stuff (several cameras, laptop, gps, etc.).  Can I bring this stuff in duty free, or is customs likely to require me to place a deposit on what I bring in?

Unless you are bringing in quantities of something that is obviously not for personal use do not believe you need to list anything in the 'goods to declare' portion even though it might appear so.  If your electric toothbrush is for your use and the computer is for your use they don't want it listed AFAIK.  Just fill out the front side.  Nothing to declare.

From all my previous experiences. There is no need to declare anything electrical of personal use. Just go through nothing to declare section. If you do get stopped it's no big deal. Forms can be filled out there. The worst possible scenario will be a declaration form stapled to your passport to make sure all things go back out with you when you depart.