Multiple Entry NON-"O' from Singapore

Hopefully the OP is still around...

Practical question: did they want to see a copy of wife's ID card in Singapore?

I can show:

-My daughter's Thai Birth Certificate with my name on it.

-My Belgian Marriage Certificate (Wife NOT the mother)

-My Thai bank passbook with regular money transfers received from Belgium.

(Balance above THB 400,000)

If they don't need to see wife's ID (I do not have it), then I may just use marriage certificate and bank passbook.

Since it's more important to be married on paper than to actually support your children.

BTW you can't support your children anymore anyway. Not a valid reason to be in Thailand if you're below 50 (I can't resist. I have to rant :-0)

Thanks!

That'd be a criminal matter :o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

:D Absolutely correct seadoo,the legendary Thun William Dunn, who, I'm extremely privileged to have as a personal friend will be always at your service with any info regarding anything to do with his adopted Thailand,any Aussie on the East Coast of OZ. would be well advised to get in touch with any Visa Query,infact any Query about the L. O. S . Tip--( Have a couple of jokes to tell, That's usually worth a little more info.) His email is, [email protected]

He has a new email addy now :- [email protected] All other contact details are the same.

I have been in touch with the Thai consulate in Brisbane to ask them if they will issue a Non O Type multi entry visa on a British passport.

I recieved a very friendly reply from Mr.Dunn saying that they could, and all I needed was a copy of my Thai marriage certificate,and for this visa it was not necessary to provide bank satements Also the visa would be issued while I wait.

Why can't all Government offices be that helpful and cut out the un-necessary red tape? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the update, wassa69.

Recent reports also tells us that the Royal Thai Consulates in Adelaide and Brisbane, Australia, issue Multiple entry visas while you wait, and no bank requirements.

Just got my new 12 month Non-B from RTC in Glasgow, Scotland. I am on a UK passport, home address in Scotland.

Whole thing done by express mail, arrived in London 6am, went to work posted passport, form, letter of guarantee and postal order for GBP 90 at about lunchtime on Friday, and had the passport (very conveniently sent back to office with no drama) by 11am Tuesday - just a pity the weekend got in the way!

In theory, you could arrive Sunday PM, post Monday AM, have it back Wednesday AM, and be on a flight Wednesday PM.

No hassles, excellent service from the consulate (lady has been there for years) and she really is so helpful and in about 99% of cases, for mail applications she will do a same-day turnaround.

You can also make an appointment, get the passport in before 12 and you have it back by 3pm.

This was so painless, I would recommend this for everyone, it is ###### near as quick as going to KL or Vientiane, and certainly a ###### sight less frustrating.

There really is a lot to be said for making the application in your home country folks!

Thanks for the update, wassa69.

Recent reports also tells us that the Royal Thai Consulates in Adelaide and Brisbane, Australia, issue Multiple entry visas while you wait, and no bank requirements.

Just got my new 12 month Non-B from RTC in Glasgow, Scotland. I am on a UK passport, home address in Scotland.

Whole thing done by express mail, arrived in London 6am, went to work posted passport, form, letter of guarantee and postal order for GBP 90 at about lunchtime on Friday, and had the passport (very conveniently sent back to office with no drama) by 11am Tuesday - just a pity the weekend got in the way!

In theory, you could arrive Sunday PM, post Monday AM, have it back Wednesday AM, and be on a flight Wednesday PM.

No hassles, excellent service from the consulate (lady has been there for years) and she really is so helpful and in about 99% of cases, for mail applications she will do a same-day turnaround.

You can also make an appointment, get the passport in before 12 and you have it back by 3pm.

This was so painless, I would recommend this for everyone, it is ###### near as quick as going to KL or Vientiane, and certainly a ###### sight less frustrating.

There really is a lot to be said for making the application in your home country folks!

I used to live over the road from that Consulate and it was very helpful when I first moved to Thailand.

Now the Singapore one does not even answer emails.

Any further news about multi entry O visas from Singapore.

Have booked flights there next week.

Read on another thread that not issuing them anymore,but cant find the thread.

Cheers,

I do think they are still issuing them.Sometimes i get the impression that some reports are a little bogus.

maybe they asked a question not right or wrote in wrong in a quote.

KL is still issuing them,and I am almost positively sure that with the mult non O,just Sing took their own regulations to change.And still do not think it will be all around the globe.It is surprisingly quit the last few weeks on reports.This is a very good sign,no news is good news.Go to KL to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Quoted:

"No fee for the visa, this seems very strange. Also was it a 1 year Non-Im O ?"

Surely it is a 1 year visa since it is multiple entries. But free, no that can't be possible. A visa like that is gonna cost you 5000 Baht.

//Lopburi

I thought there was a fee too, but surprisingly the lady did not ask for a fee, that's for sure. I didn't ask more about it eather, free is ok for me :o

But are we talking about the same Visa? I have a 1 year multy-entry non "O" visa, but I still have to do these visa runs every 90 days (because i can't show that me or my wife together pay taxes for at least 40k).

Yes, we are talking about the same visa. I also have to do visa runs every 90 days. The 1-year Non Imm visa with multiple entries (this has nothing to do with extensions at Immigration in Thailand) costs roughly 5000 baht. For example, the consulate in Sweden last time charged med 1000 SEK, which is 5000 Baht. In Penang (you can't get it easily anymore) it's 500 RM.

What nationality are you? I find it strange that some nationalities are still getting visas for free. Yes, sure, a long time ago us Swedes got visas for free in Penang, I do remember this. It was stamped "gratis" on the visas. This was after we had joined the EU. Before that we didn't even need a visa, we got 90 days right at the border.

because i can't show that me or my wife together pay taxes for at least 40k

Surely you must mean that your combined INCOME isn't 40 grand per month.

//Lopburi