Does my name have to be on the lease to then submit TM30

The wife and I are about to register a 10 yr lease on a business. It has a residence on the upper floors. We will register it at the land office and pay the 1.1% tax. 

Our attorney is finalizing the contracts and I was told today that my name is not on it. Its my wifes business and I will have little or no involvement once its up and running. I will not have a WP. My ext of stay based on employment will change to marriage ext of stay soon. I assume this is not a problem if living above my wifes business/ shop? 

Does my name need to be on the lease? If I take the TM28 and TM30 will they require a copy of the lease contract?

thanks

you do the tm28 and get the wife to do the tm30.

not getting at you but all this people doing their own  tm30 because the owner will not, its just a load of rubbish brought on by immigration to screw money out of the foreigner or his wife, when have immigration knocked on a door of the owner of a condo/house and fined them for no tm30 on a condo/apartment/house they rent out, a tm28 has to be done why two forms for the same thing. some of the immigration rules/visa's are so out of date, asking short term tourists to summit a tm30, just to get an extension. 

• Like 1

No problem to live where your wife has a business.

Your name does not need to be on the lease since it will be in your wife's name.

You will need a copy of the lease with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached.

Your wife will do the TM30 form since her name is on the lease.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to live where your wife has a business.

Your name does not need to be on the lease since it will be in your wife's name.

You will need a copy of the lease with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached.

Your wife will do the TM30 form since her name is on the lease.

Thanks for your reply. 

Alternatively, if my name was added to the contract does it mean that my wife can still execute the TM30 or would we be relying on the landlord?

The owner lives in the mansion next door. I presume its the house book where he lives and not the housebook for the building we will rent? 

many thanks

10 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Alternatively, if my name was added to the contract does it mean that my wife can still execute the TM30 or would we be relying on the landlord?

Yes. And if you are added to the lease you could report probably yourself as a ‘possessor’.

11 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

The owner lives in the mansion next door. I presume its the house book where he lives and not the housebook for the building we will rent? 

Yes, that’s correct.

23 hours ago, steve187 said:

you do the tm28 and get the wife to do the tm30.

not getting at you but all this people doing their own  tm30 because the owner will not, its just a load of rubbish brought on by immigration to screw money out of the foreigner or his wife, when have immigration knocked on a door of the owner of a condo/house and fined them for no tm30 on a condo/apartment/house they rent out, a tm28 has to be done why two forms for the same thing. some of the immigration rules/visa's are so out of date, asking short term tourists to summit a tm30, just to get an extension. 

PHUKET:
I changed houses after 5 years last month, went in with the tm 28 and tm 30 ( plus all the landlords required copies, copy lease and a POA from him)
immigration took the tm30, gave the tm 28 back, told me not needed..