Time to invest?

rattyhumber

Might be at the bottom of a bear market, G20 just announced they won't be seeking more regulation (announced today), should see a mini bump from the increased confidence.  But the bear market is probably not over yet.

My picks in the altcoins (yeah, everyone has their favorite alt these days): put some money in ARK and forget about it for 5 years, should do nicely.  For longshots, there was a lot of buzz around Chainlink the last few months, the price is quite low right now.  Chainlink is iffy, but it got so much attention I couldn't NOT buy at least some.  

"Using BitInfoChart’s latest calculations, 87 percent of all Bitcoins ever mined are owned by just half a percent of Bitcoin wallets. The figures only tighten from there. 61 percent of all Bitcoins are owned by just 0.07 percent of wallets. That’s an incredible amount of wealth in the hands of very, very few."

Good luck with being one of the wealthy :-)

On 3/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, rattyhumber said:

For how long cryptos will be going down in price?

There are about 1400 different cryptos. Some will keep going down to zero. Some may find a bottom and head higher. Some will tread water. Hard to generalize.

For some, the only way to buy them meant you first had to buy one of the major coins, like Bitcoin, and then use them to purchase, for example, Ripple. As more of them become available for direct purchase with "cash," the volume of trades in the likes of Bitcoin is bound to reduce in size. Supply and demand will be a factor.

You really need to keep in mind that this is a highly speculative gamble (not an investment in the usual sense). Seeking advice on a message board isn't much different from boarding a bus and asking the other passengers for a show of hands if they thing cyptos will rise or fall from here.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

"Using BitInfoChart’s latest calculations, 87 percent of all Bitcoins ever mined are owned by just half a percent of Bitcoin wallets. The figures only tighten from there. 61 percent of all Bitcoins are owned by just 0.07 percent of wallets. That’s an incredible amount of wealth in the hands of very, very few."

Good luck with being one of the wealthy :-)

Those are wallets held by exchanges.  For example the largest wallet address is owned by the exchange Bitfinex with 175,567 BTC or 1.06% of mined coins.   

Whilst there are of course some people holding large amounts of bitcoin it is not as bad as you are making out.

A post of a commercial/spamming nature has been removed:

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

Do not believe anything anyone says about crypto currency. Nobody knows what will happen. The mere fact that some people gambled and won in the early stages is proof that it was a gamble. Now everyone is at it and everyone knows a bit more so the element of surprise has disappeared. Tomorrow could be the day the powers that be attack . Too much conventional money invested in Power ! Too much to allow  them to let this new kid on the block get ahead of itself and above it’s station. My feelings anyway . 

• Like 1

I really don't understand why a Zero stuff should become so expensive and people invest in it. They are no currency, no bank or institute guarantee them. Recently the banks in India annonced that no one can use credit card or debit card to pay for bitcoin and the rest. I guess it is mainly going to be used by criminal and unless there is no control on them they are going to have no value at all.

Blockchain is obviously an interesting and potentially revolutionary technology, and the crypto currencies based on block chain may have unlimited potential...but which one of the thousands that currently exist do you buy? That's the problem...if you could buy a basket of all crypto currencies you would likely be a winner...many will go to zero, as happened with many dot.com companies in 2000. But the winners? They we're big, like Amazon and others.

Good luck.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:10 PM, Neeranam said:

Buy now, prices are great, but stay away from bitcoin, too many out to bring it down. Ripple and Zcoin, money are my tips.

With you on XRP and Zcoin but not abandoning BTC......Look at BTC dominance..........

16 hours ago, phkauf said:

Bitcoin is not for investing. It's a trading vehicle. There is no possibility of income from interest or dividends on bitcoin, unlike other real currencies or stocks or bonds. The people who invest in bitcoin are following the greater fool theory in that they hope a greater fool comes along to buy it at a higher price than they did. Buy it to trade on a short term basis (day, week, month) but this is not a vehicle to invest long term money since it could simply go to zero at any point in time. 

End of free financial advice!

Bang on the funny money!

21 hours ago, phkauf said:

Bitcoin is not for investing. It's a trading vehicle. There is no possibility of income from interest or dividends on bitcoin, unlike other real currencies or stocks or bonds. The people who invest in bitcoin are following the greater fool theory in that they hope a greater fool comes along to buy it at a higher price than they did. Buy it to trade on a short term basis (day, week, month) but this is not a vehicle to invest long term money since it could simply go to zero at any point in time. 

End of free financial advice!

Yeah, if you invest, invest in tangibles;  if you gamble , gamble on anything. 

On 19/3/2018 at 1:32 PM, terryofcrete said:

Do not believe anything anyone says about crypto currency. Nobody knows what will happen. The mere fact that some people gambled and won in the early stages is proof that it was a gamble. Now everyone is at it and everyone knows a bit more so the element of surprise has disappeared. Tomorrow could be the day the powers that be attack . Too much conventional money invested in Power ! Too much to allow  them to let this new kid on the block get ahead of itself and above it’s station. My feelings anyway . 

And there is malware injected into block chains... so you better know what you are getting into !https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/child-abuse-imagery-bitcoin-blockchain-illegal-content?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Actually, I think blockchain will be the pearl in the oyster. There is a lot of interest among major industry players in its application, and there are several firms actively developing protocols for its implementation. One of the most interesting, in my opinion, is Factom.

As for pure crypto plays, well in my opinion I think we are already moving from the infant stage to developing some maturity, and with a few exceptions it will be very difficult to do more than gamble with them; at least fiat currencies have some financial fundamentals underpinning them.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, Straight8 said:

Now is the time to say... "dodged a bullet not touching crypto"

is that the same bullet you dodged when bitcoin was $1???????????????

ya i bet you are happy you didnt buy it back then either

good job!