Beaches Safe At Night

dumspero

This is related to other recent posts, but do long time residents truly believe it's unsafe to walk on Pattaya beaches at night? (Assume obvious middle aged male tourist in shorts, etc., no visible jewelry, bulging pockets, etc, just walking on beach alone and not visibly drunk.)

I've done just that each time I've visited Pattaya since '92 and never had a problem. Also didn't see any other farangs having a problem. But did see several Thai on Thai fights.

Are there any statistics to show number of crimes in Pattaya is on the rise as opposed to an increase in talking about/reporting on the crimes giving that impression?

Great forum. Thanks for any information on this.

Cheers.

This is related to other recent posts, but do long time residents truly believe it's unsafe to walk on Pattaya beaches at night? (Assume obvious middle aged male tourist in shorts, etc., no visible jewelry, bulging pockets, etc, just walking on beach alone and not visibly drunk.)

I've done just that each time I've visited Pattaya since '92 and never had a problem. Also didn't see any other farangs having a problem. But did see several Thai on Thai fights.

Are there any statistics to show number of crimes in Pattaya is on the rise as opposed to an increase in talking about/reporting on the crimes giving that impression?

Great forum. Thanks for any information on this.

Cheers.

The last time I walked on any beach at night, I was squid fishing.

Just what attracts you to beaches at night ?

Naka.

[

Naka.

Beaches at night can be pure magic and with decent security supplied by City Hall and BIBs we should all, resident foreigners and Thais and tourists, be able to enjoy. But the criminal element are now in control, as well as the filthy garbage bins and stench, and persons sleeping and peeing at every palm tree.

[

Naka.

Beaches at night can be pure magic and with decent security supplied by City Hall and BIBs we should all, resident foreigners and Thais and tourists, be able to enjoy. But the criminal element are now in control, as well as the filthy garbage bins and stench, and persons sleeping and peeing at every palm tree.

broken glass, needles, used condoms :o

broken glass, needles, used condoms :o

I was just sitting on a beach bench near Garden Plaza at 1 am this morning and noticed a very healthy population of rats scampering along the boardwalk, the sand and up and down the coconut trees.

on the beach is most likely ok as no one walks ON the beach

on the walk - as long as you avoid ladyboys or anyone really (thai) an dstay below pattya klang AND are not stumbling drunk -i think youre ok.

but im honestly off the beach by 11 and rarely RARELY pick up a skank lurking under a palm.

i think the farang loser/weirdo element is more scary for me

This seems to be a relatively new occurence. I don't remember reading about any attacks on the beach until just under a year ago. Since then, it's been a weekly occurence or so.

From what I've read, their targets seems to be foreigners, walking alone, intoxicated. Foreign women don't do this much so it's usually foreign men.

If you're a regular foreign man, who stays on the promenade where it's reasonably lit and crowded, and you're not falling over drunk, then there shouldn't be a problem.