Generic medicine for Aprovel and Concor

DJ54

Anyone know if generic medicine is available for Aprovel 150 mg and Concor 5 mg? 

Aprovel for 2 monthsupoly was 12,000 baht at the hospital. 

Kumphawapi doesn’t carry Aprovel or Concor at pharmacies. I’ve checked three pharmacies in Udon and haven’t found yet. 

Tha ks for you help 

How much are you using to require 12,000 baht for a 2 month supply?  The selling price for Aprovel 150mg is only 400 baht for 14 tablets online.

http://drugstorebangkok.com/product/aprovel-150-mg-14s/

The Concor is even cheaper at 95 baht per strip of 10 tablets

http://drugstorebangkok.com/product/concor-5-mg-10s/

i went to one of the big chain pharmacies in Udon and a couple other smaller shops they didn’t have brand name or generic

i could try the hospital here in Kumphawapi but the wait is usual 1/2 a day. 

You can order the brand names from that drugstorebangkok.com if not available in a local pharmacy if price is OK for you.  Indeed private hospitals often highly markup medicine.  

Aprovel 300mg is 550 baht per 14 and could be cut if required.

If you have occasion to come to Bangkok you can get the local brands here and stock up. Not sure you can find them in Udon.

I buy generic irbesartan for a relative and often have to try a few places to find it, even in Bangkok.

Alternatively I duggest you ask your doctor if you could substitute losartan as this is readily found in inexpensive generic and same action and family of drug as irbesartan.

Likewise I would ask him if you can substitute a different and more widely available beta blocker for the bisoprolol.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived