Turkish Airlines via Istanbul to the UK

NanLaew

Just did a quick search for late-March flights to Manchester and Turkish came up with some decent prices (35.5k baht r/t), agreeable departure times and decent, no-rush layovers.

Using either their 777's or A330's for the longer haul and 321's for the hop across Europe.

Anyone with recent experience of Turkish, their Coach seating configurations, service and transfer experience at Istanbul?

Thanks!

NL

I used them in 2017 after the attempted coup. At that time there was a magazine available to read on the plane explaining the coup in great detail. That was the only content in the magazine.

Airport was busy. It was not unpleasant it was better than I expected.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I used them in 2017 after the attempted coup. At that time there was a magazine available to read on the plane explaining the coup in great detail. That was the only content in the magazine.

Airport was busy. It was not unpleasant it was better than I expected.

Thanks for that. I will also check some of the regular sites and blogs for seat pitch and other info.

Just imagine if THAI started making brochures to explain the Thai coups to passengers in great detail, the seat back pockets would be stuffed full!

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's well within my budget so no, I am being serious.

Am not doubting you can pay it am doubting the sanity of anyone actually doing so with that airline at that amount.....least £250 too expensive and then some

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

Am not doubting you can pay it am doubting the sanity of anyone actually doing so with that airline at that amount.....least £250 too expensive and then some

Here's something for you to try that may add value to this discourse. Right now, you've only questioned my sanity.

Let us know the £575 'and then some' airline and the flight itinerary that matches, ie. BKK-MAN r/t before the end of this month.

Thanks!

NL

I flew with them once and they were fine but Attaturk is not a nice airport. I don't know about now but you may find the fare comes down if you do a stopover in Istanbul for a few days as i chose to do.  A few airlines are dong this now i just got a really competitive one way fare BKK to London with Air Astana by stopping over in Almaty and  Astana for a few days. Cheaper fare and  see new places not bad atall!

If you fly biz or are *A gold you get acces to one of the best business lounges on the planet.
A new Istanbul airport is under construction, planned opening 29 October, guess that will not happen.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just looked at prices for BKK-LHR 2-16 May

1220 USD economy (about 40,000 THB).

Plus you can pay another 236 USD to reserve exit row seats on all 4 flights (although LHR-Istanbul wasn't available for the dates I was looking at)

Very nice website though. Probably the best airline site I have ever used. Fast and clean design.

But price is high. Eva will fly you direct for just 29,560 same dates.

Total time in the air is 14.5 hours. Eva 12.5.