Anonymous corpse retrieved floating near Rawai

webfact

Anonymous corpse retrieved floating near Rawai

The body appears to be a white male wearing only a white T-shirt and had already started to decompose

By Tim Newton

90802-1.jpg

A dead body, which is believed to be of a western man, has been discovered floating near Koh Kaewpissadan, on the west coast of Rawai yesterday (March 21).

Police from Chalong station, Marine Police, Forensic Police and a medical team from Vachira Hospital as well as Phuket Ruamjai rescue team went out to collect the body with a boat belonging to the Rawai Municipality before taking the body onshore at Pakbang Canal, near Rawai Beach.

The body appears to be a white male wearing only a white T-shirt and had already started to decompose. The officers couldn’t identify his face, there was no ID and there’s no trace of physical attack.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/anonymous-corpse-retrieved-floating-near-rawai

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-03-22

I don't think that body has been in the water since 25 Feb. Bodies are rapidly eaten by various organisms and in nearly a month they would have consumed most everything except mostly bones. 

A 2008 study on two human bodies recovered following aircraft accidents found one body off of Sicily to be partially skeletonized after 34 days and a second body off of Namibia to be completely skeletonized after three months.

The waters around Phuket are warmer than the waters around Sicily so the results may not be the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I don't think that body has been in the water since 25 Feb. Bodies are rapidly eaten by various organisms and in nearly a month they would have consumed most everything except mostly bones. 

A 2008 study on two human bodies recovered following aircraft accidents found one body off of Sicily to be partially skeletonized after 34 days and a second body off of Namibia to be completely skeletonized after three months.

The waters around Phuket are warmer than the waters around Sicily so the results may not be the same. 

Dammit, it was only an abstract from the paper! 

I like a bit of forensic pathology now and then. 

if it is that Italian man i just wonder where his diving gear has been?

Maybe he went snorkeling.

But as Ahab already said, a floater in warm water and sunshine will already start to decompose in just a few hours. Not sure it still will float after 1 month.