a novice question - light bulb always burst

ETatBKK

hi there

in my home country I haven't see light bulb burst for a long while; but in Thailand it happens very often.  does it relate to the instability of the local electricity supply ?

also, the incandescent bulb seems to be more vulnerable than the CFL, and LED is the most robust ?  I have a pendent light over the dinning table, that uses short P45 / E27 lustre bulbs;, not seen any LED alternative yet.

cheers

Do you mean the glass envelope is actually shattering? This is very uncommon even with the cheapo lamps sold here.

Are your lamps halogen types? These do have more propensity to self destruct but it certainly isn't common.

As noted above, dripping water could be to blame.

If it's just the lamp burning out without bursting you could install a dimmer and run them at less than full brightness.

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Do you mean the glass envelope is actually shattering? 

If it's just the lamp burning out without bursting you could install a dimmer and run them at less than full brightness.

thanks mates !

yes, this is a correct expression - burnt out without shattering.  as far as I could trace, it is dry and all the way inside the conduit.

the symptom are more often on various light points in the ground floor, and mostly are incandescent bulbs.  few time the bulb flashed and died at the time while I am switching it on.

cheers

Archived