Amazing and lovely Thai people: Expat praises Hua Hin locals for returning his wallet

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

After driving against the traffic there was no sign of his wallet on the ground so he went to a friends house to borrow the 100 baht so he could pay for the gasoline.

He did however have five near misses ............:sorry:

• Haha 2

Lost my wallet, with a lot of cash and everything else inside a few years ago in Suratthani.
The restaurant owner
(where I lost it)
drove the same night to main police station. Next day morning (Sunday) police called me on my cell to pick up my wallet at the station.
Nothing was missing!
Of course, the restaurant owner got a big tip later on!
There are a many good people in Thailand too...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

A nice feel good story for once with a happy ending. Hats off to the two Thai men. It's a shame there are not more guys out there like these two honest citizens. :thumbsup:

their are many more people in thailand willing to help you than their are not willing to help you.    same same every country in the world.  i would put it at 99%

• Like 2

Ann lost her wallet two years ago,came home crying.No problem i told her everything is replacable,she did go and got an new id card and when she came home her wallet was in the mailbox,her license,id card

and other stuff were still there.The only thing missing 40 baht and my picture,still don't know what to think about that.

8 hours ago, jvs said:

Ann lost her wallet two years ago,came home crying.No problem i told her everything is replacable,she did go and got an new id card and when she came home her wallet was in the mailbox,her license,id card

and other stuff were still there.The only thing missing 40 baht and my picture,still don't know what to think about that.

the 40 baht missing was for mail cost, and possibly gas,

the missing photo coz u sexy, or it was lost

• Like 1

We forgot my wife's handbag on White Sand Beach in Koh Chang, it was brought back to the reception of our hotel, by one of the beach toy sellers we had some chit chat with. 

Worth quoting here one my best half's pearls of wisdom: "Teerag, here we have people of many different levels.."

Edited by KiChakayan

He’s lucky I didn’t find it. 

On a a more serious note though, the reward part of he story I find awkward. Maybe it is just me but I almost always feel a gift of some kind is much better than shoving cash in someone’s face. How much did he give them? Was it too much, not even close to enough? How do the two guys split it? Maybe one of them found it and the other guy was just there. I know I’m being nit picky but that’s just the way I see rewards. 

Edited by utalkin2me