Uk Visa Question

I'm British but have permanent resident in the Netherlands. I have just married a Thai Girl and we will shortly be applying for a visa for her to visit Holland. Provided everything goes ok as soon as we are in Holland we intend to apply for her residency permit.

I have however one extra question regarding visas. If all goes well I would also like to visit the UK for her to meet family and friends. Do we need to apply for a UK tourist visa for her before we leave Thailand or can we do that in the Netherlands?

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1038489714167

Above is a link to the British Consulate in Amsterdam, where is one remark that could be applicable if your wedding papers are not yet through in the UK:

If you are applying for a visa to the UK in the Netherlands, in addition to the other supporting documents mentioned on these pages, you will need to bring your Dutch residence permit, return visa, or valid multiple entry Schengen visa.

I would contact the Consulate directly. As your wife will have a Schengen visa (multiple?) should be easier than to apply in Bangkok.

But still, do talk to the consulate.