Immigration stamped a "Arrival Visa" in my Thai Children 2nd passport

Hello,

somehow we managed to let the immigration at Phuket airport stamp a "Visa on Arrival" into my children's EU-passport even though they are Thai (double passport: Thai+EU country) and have a Thai passport which was shown to the immigration officer (very professional to stamp a visa on arrival even though they were presented with a Thai passport). As I never encountered this before (multiple in and outs) I did not check the passports and noticed today that they overstayed already on their wrongly issued visa.

Should I go directly to a immigration (not Phuket, as we are at a different place) or is it easier at a border (as I will go to a border run in some days anyway).

Thanks for help.

It seems you made the mistake of showing their EU passports. Only show the Thai passport or it will create problems such as this one.

You can go to your local immigration office but they will not be able to do anything unless they are willing to grant them extensions with an overstay. They can apply for one year extensions as returning Thai nationals. There will be no overstay fine if they are under the age of 15.

They cannot change passports at a border crossing since immigration checks for entry and departure stamps for the other country in the passport used for entry. A passport swap can only be done by air.

• Like 1

So basically let them overstay on their EU passport as it does matter because they are Thai + under 15? What happens if I cross the border by land with their "overstay"?

Could I fly with them to f.ex. Laos and "swap" the passport?

5 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

So basically let them overstay on their EU passport as it does matter because they are Thai + under 15? What happens if I cross the border by land with their "overstay"?

How long of an overstay do they have now? If not very long I suggest you check with the local immigration office about applying for a one year extension.

They can stay in the country on overstay but they will still get overstay stamps on departure from the country.

You could fly to anywhere with them and then reenter on their Thai passports.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How long of an overstay do they have now? If not very long I suggest you check with the local immigration office about applying for a one year extension.

They can stay in the country on overstay but they will still get overstay stamps on departure from the country.

You could fly to anywhere with them and then reenter on their Thai passports.

They just have a day right now.

Do they need to have fly out AND in or just out of Thailand and return via land border?

Edited by IsaanFam

6 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

They just have a day right now.

They should not have a problem applying for extensions at immigration. The fee will be 1900 baht.

6 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

Do they need to have fly out AND in or just out of Thailand and return via land border?

If they fly out and enter the other country using their Thai passports they can enter at a land border.

• Thanks 1