Pattaya Immigration Limit Extensions Of Stay

I went with a friend to get the 'usual' 10 day extension to his 30 days Visa free permit. We were told tha,t from 28th January, only 7 days is being allowed at the Pattaya Immigration Office. This left my friend 2 days short for his flight.

The Officer said "Go to the airport and pay 1000 baht fine". He assured us that my friend would not go to monkey house (jail) if the regular Police stop him. I'm am much less certain. The alternative is to do a visa run to cover the 2 days.

I am concerned that I have not seen any announcement regarding this change which may inconvenience many tourists. I wonder if it is only Pattaya or national?

seems like everywhere they are going to change anything ,in a mum of time to a different status .

I just found out the thaivisa.com a few months ago,so get info easily now.

peole like your friend or different expats like ourselves don't have an idea,this change is indeed inconvenience,cause most of the people who use it are just short time holidayers.

But to stay overstay for 2 days is no problem,even not going to have a question about it.

If does,just say the status of extension changed from 10 to 7 days,no botherand he did not know.

There are peple who stay over for months,just get a fine and is allover.

Like i sais in a different column,why not like malaysia give a 2 or 3 month free visa on arrival.........

they make money with us or aren't they......Stupidity is all i can say