Non-immigrant visa for me?

Hi guys

I'm 47 and want to spend 6 months in thailand....I live here in AUS and am thinking of 6 months thailand and 6 months cambodia

Is the Non-immigrant visa best for me?......is it 90 days with how many extensions?(30 days??)- in what time frame-6 months or 1 year?

i receive a pension back home so don't intend on working or trying to meet retirement requirements

thanx

It does not appear that you can qualify for a non immigrant visa. They are only issued for specific reasons such as retirement (50 or over), marriage to a Thai, being the parent of a Thai, working or for business reasons and etc.

You could get a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) that would allow  unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not appear that you can qualify for a non immigrant visa. They are only issued for specific reasons such as retirement (50 or over), marriage to a Thai, being the parent of a Thai, working or for business reasons and etc.

You could get a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) that would allow  unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.

So every 60 days a border run required?....No questions asked once in possession of the METV

Land crossing to cambodia ok or have to be by air?........

5 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

So every 60 days a border run required?....No questions asked once in possession of the METV

You can get a 30 day extension of each 60 day entry if you want to for a fee of 1900 baht at a immigration office. 

There should be no questions asked but it would be a good idea to have the equivalent of 20k baht in cash in case you are asked to show it.

5 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

Land crossing to cambodia ok or have to be by air?........

The entries can be done at any border crossing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

No questions asked once in possession of the METV

You may get questioned about what you’re doing in the country whenever you do a border run, but it’s highly unlikely you’d be denied entry.

• Thanks 1