Condo Building management

retirementenquiry

Anyone experience problems with Thai companies’ management of condo buildings I am only renting.

I stay building X I have has some issues with utilities to the point I would rather deal directly with the providers myself but it seems they won’t allow this.

I pay every month but whenever a new management company comes it’s the first area of discrepancy its peanuts I know and I always keep receipts just don’t like the seemly mismanagement of this simple task.

I would rather read meter and pay myself online this would allow management to focus and maybe with less staff too to deal with other issues I have experience in this area but I think they are bloody awful.

I stay building X I have has some issues with utilities to the point I would rather deal directly with the providers myself but it seems they won’t allow this.

I pay every month but whenever a new management company comes it’s the first area of discrepancy its peanuts I know and I always keep receipts just don’t like the seemly mismanagement of this simple task.
I would rather read meter and pay myself online

"Whenever a new management company comes"? Wow. You make it sound like a regular occurrence. How often does your management company change?

If your building is a proper condo and not an apartment then you should have your own official PEA meter, and the official PEA bill should be delivered directly to you every month for you to pay at 7/11 or by direct debit or whatever. It is not your job to read the PEA meter nor is it your management company's job. The PEA come and do it.

That said there are some older buildings that only have one official meter and which bill the individual usage individually based on unofficial meters that they read themselves, and if that is the case in your building then co-owners and the committee and management should perhaps look into have individual meters fitted. If your building does operate like that then there is little you can do apart from pay what they ask, though you could ask to check the meter reading yourself to verify the bill.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I paid my bill by direct debit for several years as a tenant. I never looked into paying it online though as I prefer the automatic direct debit solution.

Your story is different than mine. When I was the tenant the bill was in the owner's name and the electric company wanted it that way. The condo management received all bills and distributed them to the owners, the owner's representative, or to the tenant with the owner's permission.  In our building the PEA reads the meters which are locked and secured. If a tenant leaves during a billing cycle then meters could be read by the owner's rep for billing purposes. 

When I was the tenant the bill was in the owner's name and the electric company wanted it that way.

The name on my bill didnt change when I was a tenant, but that didnt prevent me from paying it by direct debit. I still got an official PEA bill in my letter-box, distributed by management, but being a direct debit bill it had no barcode and could not be paid at a 7/11.

The PEA didnt seem to care whose name was on the bill, or who was paying, just as long as it was paid. They certainly had no trouble setting up the direct debit for me to pay a bill in someone else's name, though it was several years ago so maybe things have changed since.

As stated PEA doesn't care who pays the bill, the water company (PWA) on the other hand makes it mandatory for you to establish the identity and payer of the water bill 

Primarily because they have different rates depending upon the "payer".  For instance anything in a company name, be it condo or house, pays the commercial rate and or the commercial minimum fee