Green

loong

ฝนตกทุกวันเลย มันดีสำหรับชาวนา ตอนนี้ข้าวในนาเขียวดูสวยงามมากfŏn dtòk tóok wan loie man dee săm-ràp chaao naa dton née kâao nai naa kĭeow doo sŭay ngaam mâak

The rain falls every day. It's good for the farmers. Now the rice in the fields is green and very beautiful.

I would appreciate some comments on this sentence, particularly regarding the green reference. (And, of course any other mistakes!)

เขียว means green, but also rancid, rank, stinking. Is it obvious from the context that the meaning is green or could it be misunderstood.

Would it be better to use เขียวชอุ่ม kĭeow chá-òom lush, grassy in this case?

ฝนตกทุกวันเลย มันดีสำหรับชาวนา ตอนนี้ข้าวในนาเขียวดูสวยงามมากfŏn dtòk tóok wan loie man dee săm-ràp chaao naa dton née kâao nai naa kĭeow doo sŭay ngaam mâak

The rain falls every day. It's good for the farmers. Now the rice in the fields is green and very beautiful.

I would appreciate some comments on this sentence, particularly regarding the green reference. (And, of course any other mistakes!)

เขียว means green, but also rancid, rank, stinking. Is it obvious from the context that the meaning is green or could it be misunderstood.

Would it be better to use เขียวชอุ่ม kĭeow chá-òom lush, grassy in this case?

เขียวชอุ่ม I saw in a sentence once, I asked the wife at the time and she said it is not used very much. In your sentence I would say just เขียว by itself would be fine.

I think what you wrote is perfect. There are so many different ways to write it. Its just like saying (the ending)"now the rice fields are green and look beautiful"

ITR

maybe the word 'rancid' and 'green' is the same as for 'chewing cud?

a buffalo kiouw (chews cud) and cud is rancid smelling and green (for those that want to know, trust me, i know).

just a thought

bina

Edited by bina