Honda Wave Gear Shifter Adjustmnent

ricklev

I've had a Honda Wave for years and I've always found it uncomfortable and almost impossible to downshift with my heel.  What I've gotten used to doing is downshifting by moving my foot back and using my toe.

Is it possible to adjust the lever so that it's comfortable to upshift with my toe and downshift with my heel?

Thanks!

Interesting. I always did it your way. Or put a more conventional shifter on and used my toe for both. Hooking my toe under the shifter to downshift. I thought the reason for the "double brake pedal" idea was so that people in flip flops could do it your way?  

Maybe you need to lift your toes when pressing with your heel? Rather than trying to use the shifter as a rocker? 

Is your bike modern? It probably has 4 step rotary so after coasting to a stop in 4th gear you can go to neutral by shifting up and then into 1st again etc. Of course this doesn't work for going uphill, from 4th to 3rd etc. 

Real answer get Somchai to heat your shifter with a torch and bend it to a shape you wish it to be.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Real answer get Somchai to heat your shifter with a torch and bend it to a shape you wish it to be.

Sounds a bit painful that Neal............:sorry:

Honda Wave clutch with gear lever comfort position. >

Please observe that shifting lever is on gearbox shaft and secure with split lock and bolt.

Lever should already tip forward small distance for change down with back of foot > take to shop and ask to make shift lever tip forward more through shaft adjustments. 

Do not adjust lever too much and make foot pressure constant on lever or this will make clutch slipping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Just a Honda silly idea IMO, for heel and toe you can adjust to the way your foot is positioned when you sit on the bike, best is adjust for toe only IMO again.

This part automatic gear rocker shift is not silly crazy idea from Honda company.

The idea very old and many reasons for this design from many bike brands.

Honda Yamaha Suzuku Kawasaki and many China brand use this part auto rocking rotate shift. 

When I was out at India some old british model fit the rocking lever gear shift to keep top of the gear change footwear clean. BSA also Enfield made model with heel change lever.

Some rider find easier to change with heel + toe if leg too long for comfort heel change. 

Important to understand the part automatic rotating gear change has 2 position when shifting and not feeling same as regular bike down + up gearbox. Position 1 opens clutch - position 2 shift gear.

Yes, I also hate using my toes to down shift (unless you wear heavy duty boots for riding, it's a bad idea with other footwear), I have a scooter here but a geared bike in another country. As described if you turn the lever position a bit forward you get a bit more comfortable position for your heel, because you can press down with your foot further, easier, for up shift and then lever come up a bit to use heel for down shift....