Seminars for those who passed licence test exams

Howdy all,
I was looking into these seminars a few years back then have taken a bit of a break from teaching.  I'm now returning to teaching and so am interested in these again.

The seminars are 60h in total, usually conducted on weekends at universities/rajabhats, for teachers who previously passed any of the 9x tests for their teacher's licence (4 for foreigners) before the teacher's licence tests were discontinued.  I passed 2 of the 4 for foreigners (So 4 out of 9 if I was Thai).

My wife has been doing a bit of research recently about the Thai tests, and we've found some places where I can likely do them in Thai.  Sounds like I've come in just as they're thinking about discontinuing the seminars since the majority of people who completed the tests should have now finished the seminars as well (Which would be terrible for me if I can't finish them before the current deadline expires).

She's going to sign up for the courses as well so that she can then assist me, although I'm still a bit concerned incase there's a test at the end of them (My Thai is pretty good, but given the very formal/academic vocabulary that was used in some of the license tests, I know that a lot of the vocabulary used will go over my head).

I'm wondering however, if any of you know if there are any English language versions of these tests that are still running?  I couldn't find anything on English seminars when I previously looked a few years ago (I'd heard about them at my Thai culture course though), and my wife hasn't been able to find anything recent on them now.  However I figured I'd ask here incase there were any English seminars going on that some of you might be involved in or have heard of.

Yeah I don't realistically expect English seminars to be available, just asking incase I got lucky :) 

Going to Ubon tomorrow to signup for 2 of the 5 courses I need there, assuming that goes well I'll then sign up for the remaining 3 in Sarakham.  Wife has it all planned out, was just hoping that knowledge of the English seminars might be something that had been discussed here in the past (And thus kinda common knowledge for the regulars).

haha wife informs me that some of the seminars in May-July will run on weekdays too, school is gonna be thrilled :)  But not much they can really say, as it's about as legitimate an excuse as you can get lol.

Ok I’ve signed up for the 2x courses in Ubon. No problems at all with signing up despite being a foreigner. I’ll post an update once I start the first course next week on how it goes Incase anyone else is eligible + interested.

From what my wife has says krusapa wants to discontinue the seminars at the end of this term, as it’s been a while since the tests finished, but there are other seminars running during the 1st term & it’s possible that they may still be available next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rats :(

Signed up for the course, booked a week at a hotel and sat through the first 4h of the seminar only to have someone come and say that they checked with krusapa and foreigners won’t be awarded recognition for completing the course.

Pretty disappointed but oh well. Gonna try and find other options and then will post up if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived