Robbed Canadian tourists say "we'll definitely be back" as Bo Phut police roll out the red carpet

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Must be her first visit :giggle:, although she had to be prompted by one of the B.I.B. !

Samui's BIBs are actually very helpful, and seem to do a good job (I talk from experience)...:smile:

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Ahh, one of those 'I love Thailand'  moments.  I was choking up. 

Me to, being overwhelmed with emotion my heart bleeding for the thought of a better word. We all know this ain't no marketing ploy by TAT they'd never dream up this kinda news, now going viral with all them happy endings and we LOVE THAILAND stuff with tourists monitored 24hrs being slipped in .......................:passifier:

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

She's cute. Must be from Quebec.

If she happens to be a French speaker, she will sound like the equivalent in English of some hick out of the woods of Alabama.

So, maybe not so cute after all....

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

Geeze do not carry all that crap with you, there is a safe in your room at most hotels. See it all the time in Chiang Mai everyone of them with a back pack on carrying everything they own for a day out

Does it mean if you just carry a bag full of unnecessary plastic items you are safe from being robbed? 

Edited by Lupatria

5 hours ago, falangjim said:

If it was "so safe" on koh samui, then why was she robbed and hurt? Samui is an island of miscreants and thugs. Maybe the Canadians were fooled by the photos in the brochure.

On the other hand, if they were fooled by  reading  too many TV comments, maybe they would be convinced the locals are all criminals, srupid, etc etc and have no respect for their falang superiors.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

How do you feel about routinely identifying & exposing vulnerable victims of crime to the worlds media with no thought whatsoever for their privacy...or consent?

It does not make me choke on my coffee going the wrong way! :mfr_closed1: 

1 hour ago, johnhw said:

On the other hand, if they were fooled by  reading  too many TV comments, maybe they would be convinced the locals are all criminals, srupid, etc etc and have no respect for their falang superiors.

Perhaps, but I was only referring to the island.  And let's face reality: the lawlessness that happens on the mainland is multiplied on the islands.  Not sure what you are touting as 'falang superiors [sic]'  What some locals, foreign expats, and tourists have no respect for are laws.  This is TVF, an online rag that reports crime. What did you expect in the comments, love and compassion for criminals?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Channel 7 said the thief was caught after he tried to buy things with one of the stolen credit cards.

So the place he tried to buy items with should be looked into as well, the card purchase was flagged with the card company when the card was being used.  He doesn't look like a Miss Smith/ Jones or Trudeau to me, surely he must have a contact inside the shop.

Edited by sn1per
pronunciation

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well they did handle that nicely.

swift arrest also nice job.

Good that the snatcher also seems sorry about how it all went down for him?

How quick would the arrest have been had the culprit not tried using a stolen credit card. 

Afraid of saying the real thing and instructed by the cops since it was under video so now they could get mug again because they will be back for sure it is good propaganda coming from Canadian farangs.

• Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, colinneil said:

My keyboard has been playing up, must have been my tears falling on it, as i could not stop laughing at the BS video.

Conversation overheard in the police car, silly bar stewards think we feel safe here, and will be back.

What time is the first flight out of here? 

First flight out?

You're going back to Blimey?

Hurray!!! :partytime2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is all very well to call the Thai boy all sort of names but it only shows that most TV members don't know sh.. about life here.

Companies, and I'm not talking about shophouse stores, will not employ boys before they can proof they are exempt or have been doing there Militaire Service which is for two years.

My son of nearly 21 and a lot of his friends face the same problem.

He and most of his friends are now going for the militaire lottery coming Monday and hope for the best.

Some of them volunteered just to get it over with.

If they get drafted they will be 23 and 24 years old when released from the Army.

You think there are jobs waiting for 23 and 24 years old without any experience?

Taken up by females who won't get conscripted. :sad:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bandito said:

It is all very well to call the Thai boy all sort of names but it only shows that most TV members don't know sh.. about life here.

Companies, and I'm not talking about shophouse stores, will not employ boys before they can proof they are exempt or have been doing there Militaire Service which is for two years.

He and most of his friends are now going for the militaire lottery coming Monday and hope for the best.

If they get drafted they will be 23 and 24 years old when released from the Army.

You think there are jobs waiting for 23 and 24 years old without any experience?

Your post is a load of nonsense, what has Thai military conscription got to do with Canadians being robbed?

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Your post is a load of nonsense, what has Thai military conscription got to do with Canadians being robbed?

A lot!

It has to do with why a lot of Thai boys are robbing and stealing.

Not able to find a job, no money etc. etc.

My daughter for example just picks up the phone and can work anywhere she likes or wants.

This in sharp contrast to my son who I am now supporting until we see what the conscrition lottery will bring him.

He got called 2 times by a company and has a job lined up there but first the f...... lottery to see if he has to do his Militairy Service.

You understand now what you call "nonsense"?

• Confused 1

On 4/6/2018 at 6:53 AM, bandito said:

A lot!

My daughter for example just picks up the phone and can work anywhere she likes or wants.

This in sharp contrast to my son who I am now supporting until we see what the conscrition lottery will bring him.

He got called 2 times by a company and has a job lined up there but first the f...... lottery to see if he has to do his Militairy Service.

Assuming he's a dual national why not send him home so he can do it properly on a decent wage as a volunteer?

On 06/04/2018 at 6:53 AM, bandito said:

A lot!

When I was 18 there was also conscription plight in my country, and it wasn't even a lottery but everyone had to go, yet there was no tourist robbing and for sure no justifying of it.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, colinneil said:

My keyboard has been playing up, must have been my tears falling on it, as i could not stop laughing at the BS video.

Conversation overheard in the police car, silly bar stewards think we feel safe here, and will be back.

What time is the first flight out of here? 

"Conversation overheard in the police car, silly bar stewards think we feel safe here, and will be back. What time is the first flight out of here?"

It's only you who hears those silly voices in your head. 

What was so "BS" about the video?

• Confused 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, evadgib said:

How do you feel about routinely identifying & exposing vulnerable victims of crime to the worlds media with no thought whatsoever for their privacy...or consent?

How do you feel about claiming that they were vulnerable and exposed to the worlds media with no thought whatsoever for their privacy, or consent, without any evidence of that?

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, sn1per said:

So the place he tried to buy items with should be looked into as well, the card purchase was flagged with the card company when the card was being used.  He doesn't look like a Miss Smith/ Jones or Trudeau to me, surely he must have a contact inside the shop.

Did he succeed in buying anything or did the shop refuse him?  

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, bandito said:

Without a doubt there are jobs, no one has any experience before their first job or it wouldn't be their first job!

You son and his friends wouldn't have "the same problem" if they'd bothered to get it out of the way while they were in school in the Reserve Officers Training Corps.  Those that did have the foresight to do that are exempted from conscription. 

Edited by Just Weird

17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

When I was 18 there was also conscription plight in my country, and it wasn't even a lottery but everyone had to go, yet there was no tourist robbing and for sure no justifying of it.

"...yet there was no tourist robbing and for sure no justifying of it".

Really? No robbing?  What part of Utopia did you live in?