Large Size Songkran Shirts

Oink

Songkran is almost upon us and I would like to get a suitable shirt to join in the fun, but I cannot find any large sizes (XXL/XXXL)

Does anyone have any leads on where to purchase one.

Thanks

Oink

9 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Just go to any tailor shop or Indian standing on a street corner, they will knock you out a shirt tailored just for you, unless an extra 100 baht to too much for you?

Go to a tailor shop for a shirt that will be destroyed with water, powder, and other substances thrown at you?

ok.

I am a size FFFF....for fat fat fat farang? also known as a 3xl. I found a place on beach rd between the LK Empress hotel and Starbucks. I was really happy to find them until I realized 3xl in Thailand was probably an xl at best when I tried it on?

When you ask any of the vendors they all say they have what you want but don’t. 

There are a lot of big guys wandering around down here in pattaya...I would think someone could make good money if they actually had bigger sizes. Good luck?

On 4/6/2018 at 4:43 PM, Oztruckie said:

There's a small shop at villa supermarket in the avenue shopping centre,she has large sizes,reasonable prices.

I have passed through there twice since you posted and each time they had a sign up "Be right back". Each time there were no Songkran shirts on display..

However, I have just returned from the pop up stall I mentioned earlier and bought a 5XL shirt for 215 Baht. I am usually 3XL in Thailand sizes. Prices started at 169 Baht for "normal" people. Next to Wat Chai is a Top Chareon shop, look directly opposite at the gold shops and you will see one selling Songkran shirts outside.....

4 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Check  out the Tuesday and Saturday Soi bukhow market.

Tuesday and Friday - The smaller Sunday one didn't have any (today) and Saturday's is even smaller and didn't have any a week ago... ...Although it may have been too early when I visited of course...

13 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Check  out the Tuesday and Saturday Soi bukhow market.

Yep good advice.

Not Songran shirts but they do have all sizes all styles in the market,  my wife bought two XXL Camel shirts there, two front button down pockets,  Camel brass buttons etc. 300 baht each  :smile:

On 4/8/2018 at 3:05 PM, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I have passed through there twice since you posted and each time they had a sign up "Be right back". Each time there were no Songkran shirts on display..

I was in Pattaya for 2 days mostly to make a Villa Mkt run and other shopping. I need some new shorts, but alas, my experience was the same as yours. I was in the store & checking out for at least 45 minutes & the be right back sign was up when I came in & still up when I left.

Only in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

I was in Pattaya for 2 days mostly to make a Villa Mkt run and other shopping. I need some new shorts, but alas, my experience was the same as yours. I was in the store & checking out for at least 45 minutes & the be right back sign was up when I came in & still up when I left.

Only in Thailand.

What Villa Mart has become is a crying shame. 20+ years ago I'd go to Villa Mart on 33/1 to stock up on lamb and wine before driving home to Surin province (Upstairs was a wine lover's heaven)....  there were few options available at the time (pre Thaksin/pre Ryans Resort etc etc) ...

Anyways:-

Shorts - I use Big C Pattaya Tai - enter from the Sukumvit side and the stall is right in front of you...

Songkran shirts - If anybody was unable to find the stall I referred to earlier further down Pattaya Tai across 3rd road,after the Shell station but before Pattaya City Resort you will find 2 stalls there....

Archived