Looking For Gay Hotel- Help

dadboy

Hello Group

We are an aussie couple visiting Bangkok March 2nd, Just wondering what will be the best place to stay for 5 days. Not the Babylon, Malayasia or Pinnacle, A Gay friendly medium range hotel with a swimming pool will do for us.

Thank you all.

Hello Group

We are an aussie couple visiting Bangkok March 2nd, Just wondering what will be the best place to stay for 5 days. Not the Babylon, Malayasia or Pinnacle, A Gay friendly medium range hotel with a swimming pool will do for us.

Thank you all.

Most hotels in Bangkok are "gay friendly". There are some very good options around Silom (which is close to the gay scene). Silom Serene, Tawana Ramada and the Tower Inn are three examples. Tower Inn is recently renamed to Unico Grande Silom, it looks that the name change also included increased rates though.

:o OPERA HOTEL, PRATUNAM....located off Petchaburi Road, Soi 11, behind the large hotel called FIRST HOTEL, renovated pool and garden area, 700-800 baht per night, comfortable, restaurant not anything much to rave about but indeed gay friendly for decades....Dukkha :D

:o OPERA HOTEL, PRATUNAM....located off Petchaburi Road, Soi 11, behind the large hotel called FIRST HOTEL, renovated pool and garden area, 700-800 baht per night, comfortable, restaurant not anything much to rave about but indeed gay friendly for decades....Dukkha :D

Thank you Dukkha,

I googled Opera nothing came up. probably we will end up in Babylon. This is my 2nd time in Bangkok, My partner has stayed in Babylon before, Another thing, I had this opinion about Thai people that they are nice and softer but my partner think otherwise, specially gay guys, he thinks they can be very rude and nasty. Sorry being off topic but just thought i will mention that too. Is it true though?

A mate of mine whom we all suspect is homosexual stays at Chatra Court in Asoke.

Well, he's sort of 'out', but hes not if you see what I mean, because he doesn't ram it down your throat. And even though i've known him for 6 years, and there's this one armed Cantonese fellow who he introduces as his 'partner' (not to me but to others). Its just not a subject he discusses. Its like his marooned in the social attitudes of the 1950s. Then he goes to Thailand and has these fellows whom he refers to as his 'bearers'. I mean, what does that signify? He's in his fifties for heaven's sake, but he goes to raves outside Bangkok.

A mate of mine whom we all suspect is homosexual stays at Chatra Court in Asoke.

Well, he's sort of 'out', but hes not if you see what I mean, because he doesn't ram it down your throat. And even though i've known him for 6 years, and there's this one armed Cantonese fellow who he introduces as his 'partner' (not to me but to others). Its just not a subject he discusses. Its like his marooned in the social attitudes of the 1950s. Then he goes to Thailand and has these fellows whom he refers to as his 'bearers'. I mean, what does that signify? He's in his fifties for heaven's sake, but he goes to raves outside Bangkok.

Eh ! Well i am not sure i understood that bit. Thank you anyway. just a couple looking for a place which is not a meat market but pleasant gay friendly place with a medium range price.And a swimming pool to cool us down.

Edited by dadboy

Hi there,

as far as I know, Malaysia Hotel is very popular with gay tourists. They allow tourists to bring Thai guests, I think. I have never stayed there myself, so I can not speak from personal experience, just what I heard from other people. I once walked in to get a business card (several years ago) and saw tourists hang out with Thai boys in the lobby. I guess it's popular because it's close to Babylon and other attractions in the city.

www.malaysiahotelbkk.com

Edited by endure
No direct links in posts please. Thanks

The Malaysia Hotel in Bangkok would be the number one choice for gay tourists on a budget. I stay there if I have a layover in Bangkok. It's gay friendly (has been for decades) - without being in your face.

Reception is pleasant - definitely no hassles. Just book a double room. Reasonably priced restaurant. The hotel's taxi can be a bit pricy - but not outrageously so. The drivers speak good English and know Bangkok well - much better to pay a few baht more and get where you want to go, rather than get a taxi off the street - where the driver's only English word is 'yes' to what ever you ask - and you find he was a rice farmer from Issan yesterday and doesn't know his way around Bangkok at all.

Peter

Not to be arguing, but the original poster said he didn't want the Malaysia, didn't want a meat market, and didn't want rude and nasty. I recently stayed at Plaza Inn, a few blocks down Suriwong from Tawanda and Ramada, and found it pleasant. Not flamboyant (most of the ID cards kept at reception were of females), and bigger room than what you get at Pavillion in Patpong. 1,400 baht for two people in the room, and I think that included breakfast.

How about 5 stars? Have seen a lot of gay couples at the Sukhothai (esp Sunday brunch), the Four Seasons and the Oriental (mostly old queens reliving the glory days of colonial lord and native slaveboys). The more well heeled Asian gay tourists are also spotted at the gym at Pathuwan Princess next to MBK or the Shangri-la.

Why would anyone need to be in a gay friendly hotel in Bangkok? Granted that it could be full if the sexy Isaan poolboys are returning your smile but no decent BKK hotel will kick you out for wearing a pair of rainbow coloured speedos.

Of course on the other extreme, a gay pool will be full of bloated bitchy queens ready with nasty comments about your less than washboard abs and your Thai companion for the day. For a good example, just look at the riff raff at the Babylon pool.

Ok, original poster didn't want Babylon, Malaysia or Pinnacle. That still leaves quite a few more up-market places. My suggestions:

Tarntawan Place 119/5-10 Suriwong Rd. A boutique gay-friendly business class hotel, reasonable prices, great location in quite courtyard off Suriwong Rd, only a two minute walk to the Silom nightlife! Has deluxe rooms and suites all with air-con, cable/satellite TV, mini-bar, direct dial IDD phones, in-house movies, 24 hr room service. Also has full business centre and lobby bar. Overnight guest welcome at no extra charge. Rates from 2500 baht for a Deluxe Room to 7000 baht for a 2 bedroom suite.

Tower Inn 533 Silom Rd. Located half-way down Silom, walking distance to the main gay venues in the area (if you are fit!). Is reasonably priced and comfortable, and has a rooftop pool and gym, sauna and spa. Prices start at around 2000 baht per day.

Swiss Lodge 3 Convent Road, Silom. A boutique gay-friendly business hotel, ideally situated on Convent Road, off Silom (100 meters from Soi 2, and opposite Soi 4). All rooms include cable and satellite TV, in house video, room service (6:30 AM till 11:00 PM), 24 hours security service, personal safe, fully stocked mini-bar, soundproof rooms, IDD telephone system connectable to PC modems, business center with E-Mail facilities, swimming pool with sundeck and a restaurant serving Swiss and international specialties. Prices from 3800 baht to 6150 baht per day.

Om Yim Lodge 72,74 (Chongnonsi BTS station) Naratiwat Road Silom Bangrak Bangkok 10500 Thailand. A nice family run room guesthouse. Even though they are only a few steps away from the Chong Nonsi Skytrain, all rooms have double-glazed windows and are fairly quiet. Rates are 650 to 900 baht a night.

Hope this selection helps.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Hope this selection helps.

Peter

Tarntawan Place - Full of sleazy older tourists and their thai takeouts

Tower Inn - Horrid management. Rooms can be tired and run down.

Swiss Lodge - Horrid front desk. Joiner's fee.

Om Yim Lodge - No lifts. No pool.

I have to agree and not to mention Swiss Lodge is NOT gay friendly. After 3 years using this hotel they are unsafe, dumb and charged me THB1000 joiners fee... For a friend to just have a shower in my room before he drove to Pattaya.

The last line this hotel said to me was "Sir many gay hotel in bangkok and this not one of them so feel free to book other place next time please"