Any reports of water throwing yet?

torrzent

9 hours ago, JSixpack said:

I see the police have been hard at work confiscating the PVC pipes they earlier banned. Plenty of powder. Lots more guns in the vendor's stock.

Looks like it'll be business as usual in the bar areas through the 19th. We'll see if the relative calm of the past few years continues outside those areas. Didn't even see any kids out today. :)

That looks like a PVC pipe in that picture?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, siam2007 said:

still peaceful life along Sukhumvit. Except for 90% idiots (mostly youngsters) speeding along on motorbikes with no helmet attached to their raisin brain skull. Could walk to the BigC Mini undisturbed and avail of my 130 Baht discount voucher that expires on the 16th

well done sir!!

32 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Yep, they were out in force yesterday being squirted in peoples' ears....They 'll be collected by the BIB in a few days I guess...

Thank you for this mornings joke of the day sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, HLover said:

Possibly tonight as many chairs are covered with plastic on Soi 7/8.

This was 2 hours ago.

Started a day early on Wednesday.  unfortunate people who were stocking up last minute supplies got soaked with all their groceries.  Some older ladies were on the bhat bus with me had shopping bags from Central  with what looked like clothes and "other" things that should not be wet.  they weren't happy to say the least.  One lady from Khon Kaen said she never saw it start early.  Neither have I?

1 minute ago, joeyg said:

Started a day early on Wednesday.  unfortunate people who were stocking up last minute supplies got soaked with all their groceries.  Some older ladies were on the bhat bus with me had shopping bags from Central  with what looked like clothes and "other" things that should not be wet.  they weren't happy to say the least.  One lady from Khon Kaen said she never saw it start early.  Neither have I?

I pray you took a photo.

Just now, joeyg said:

Sad but true hopefully they will start confiscating them today.

Just observed no less than 3 in use, Soi 7 first bar on the right.

Wielded by shirtless sunken chest Chinese males, aiming for faces.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, HLover said:

Just observed no less than 3 in use, Soi 7 first bar on the right.

Wielded by shirtless sunken chest Chinese males, aiming for faces.

I know.  i think the number is 1337 to call in to report it.  Out of curiosity I want to give it a try today.  I never imagined "ratting out" anything to police.  Where a nice celebration is turned into potential blindness, deafness or motocy crash, I'll make an exception...  https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/pattaya-emergency-services/ 

Edited by joeyg

I know.  i think the number is 1337 to call in to report it.  Out of curiosity I want to give it a try today.  I never imagined "ratting out" anything to police.  Where a nice celebration is turned into potential blindness, deafness or motocy crash, I'll make an exception...  https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/pattaya-emergency-services/ 

“Ratting out” ? In this country you can report a list of crimes and the BIB will decide if they want to investigate! Generally they don’t !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On my daily "bike for beer" to avoid the ludicrous no sale hours
I got squirted today by a bunch of kids hiding out behind some parked cars in the estate I live in,
even though I shouted out not to
they did. One kid did say to the others he said no...but the others didnt care.

• Haha 1

just started on kom ti din rd off 3rd rd south pattaya,

..........and got attacked by a 5 yo boy, his mum & pop

had already taught him to always go for the eyes

......or is sit instinct ?

either way, i'll be stocking up tomorrow morning

that shall last through 20th

Edited by poanoi

11 minutes ago, torrzent said:

don't clothes get washed in water or were these dry cleaning clothes?

After yesterday's escapade my clothes smelled of a wet dirty cam net - or for the non military, a Labrador that has spent the day hunting in a muddy river - or for for the rest, my clothes smelled like the inside of the tissue bin in "The star" in Patpong.....(No, don't ask)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, torrzent said:

don't clothes get washed in water or were these dry cleaning clothes?

You're kidding right. like I said they were in bags from stores in Central.  They were new clothes off the rack just purchased.  Any clothes getting wet like that will damage them...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joeyg said:

Will try to get a GRAB back home when I am doing my last grocery shopping tomorrow before the madness gets even more excessive. Still many cars around on the GRAB MAP, luckily

2 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

Will try to get a GRAB back home when I am doing my last grocery shopping tomorrow before the madness gets even more excessive. Still many cars around on the GRAB MAP, luckily

Very smart choice.

11 hours ago, joeyg said:

You're kidding right. like I said they were in bags from stores in Central.  They were new clothes off the rack just purchased.  Any clothes getting wet like that will damage them...

Simply not true.  It would depend on the clothes.  If they are washable clothes like shirts, pants, t-shirts, undergarments, then they are washed in water, so getting wet will not "damage" them. Being new and off the rack is irrelevant.  However, if you are talking about dry cleaning goods such as high end tailored suits, tuxedos, etc, then water could damage them. 

12 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

After yesterday's escapade my clothes smelled of a wet dirty cam net - or for the non military, a Labrador that has spent the day hunting in a muddy river - or for for the rest, my clothes smelled like the inside of the tissue bin in "The star" in Patpong.....(No, don't ask)

How do you know what the inside of the tissue bin in "The star" in Patpong.......oh forget it, I won't ask!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Simply not true.  It would depend on the clothes.  If they are washable clothes like shirts, pants, t-shirts, undergarments, then they are washed in water, so getting wet will not "damage" them. Being new and off the rack is irrelevant.  However, if you are talking about dry cleaning goods such as high end tailored suits, tuxedos, etc, then water could damage them. 

Gee people will argue over anything.  Even new clothes that have not have the dye set properly especially on cotton will run and stain lighter colored fabrics around them. .  Case in point, I had a nice bandanna that was red white and black in my bag the other day. It was new and it got wet. The red color ran all over the globe and stained everything straight with red.

Please troll somebody else.