Huge cache of "war weapons" found as toy trader faces 10 years in jail for water guns!

webfact

Searching around for similar pictures, the WMDs (weapons of mass dilution) being seized look very similar to the Nerf Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster on sale at Amazon US. The Nerf Super Soaker Breach Blast is also very similar. They both have bump stocks (erm, make that pump stocks).

Doesn't specify muzzle velocity, the specs only say it shoots up to 38 feet. Perhaps some of you scientists or retired firemen can work out the muzzle velocity from that.

417cRhbFQqL.jpg

9 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

Of course, coming from China, they could very well be unlicensed fake Super Soakers that don't work well, break easily, and are made from substandard and toxic materials!

Yes, but I doubt that was the first reason for seizing them. Of course makes a good excuse now, to help them saving face.

4 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Searching around for similar pictures, the WMDs (weapons of mass dilution) being seized look very similar to the Nerf Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster on sale at Amazon US. The Nerf Super Soaker Breach Blast is also very similar. They both have bump stocks (erm, make that pump stocks).

Doesn't specify muzzle velocity, the specs only say it shoots up to 38 feet. Perhaps some of you scientists or retired firemen can work out the muzzle velocity from that.

417cRhbFQqL.jpg

My cheap Chinese watergun from last year's Songkran (with back pack water tank and pump action - bought at a street stall) had a range of over 50 feet.  So anything made for sale in US with their legal system - will likely be less powerful.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 10:53 AM, robblok said:

Perhaps they truly are higher powered than others.. that is about the only thing I can think about. 

I can understand the trader being in tears, she loses a lot of money and threat of jail.

If these are no different from others then this is just a shakedown. Some real testing is needed. 

But unless the customs office really checked them (like when you have to go to customs office) just being able to receive them does not mean a thing. Plenty of drugs send by mail too, bet the excuse would not work there either.

Its a real strange story and I feel for the trader and think there are better things to do for the police. In the old days you had pipe water guns that really did damage. I would not mind if they gone after those.. but this.. crazy IMHO (unless they truly are more powerful) 

In tears?? she looks like she is laughing to me. Even the cops are laughing at their own stupidity.

there were plenty of the high powered blue PVC water guns being used on Soi 6,7 and 8 and other places.  And yes, 90% shoot for the ears and face.  Glad I had ear plugs in.  100% farang A$$$$$s. And everything started a day early.  the only ones throwing water in Naklua were the A$$$$$$s at barracuda bar.  Total douchebag <deleted>!

1 minute ago, joeyg said:

Unless it's poured gently over their shoulder...

True.

At breakfast today, my waitress poured 1/2 of a shot glass containing water on my shoulder.

It was a slight startle and well received wish.

Bar/social scum and tourist trash are the only ones that play hard and insert their lack of self esteem into a nice holiday.

Take a closer look and you will see this is true.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HLover said:

True.

At breakfast today, my waitress poured 1/2 of a shot glass containing water on my shoulder.

Bar/social scum and tourist trash are the only ones that play hard and insert their lack of self esteem into a nice holiday.

Thank you.  very well said.  i never thought of it in those terms but it psychologically it makes perfect sense.

On 11/04/2018 at 11:05 AM, geriatrickid said:

Please be reasonable and consistent. They have to start somewhere. In this case they  nailed a person who imports them and profits from their sale. Yes, there were only 192 seized, but I can assure you that there were others. This is called   making an example case to serve as a deterrent to others. The foreigners on thsi forum scream and cry about these weapons. Now that the police act, they are  insulted.

In this case they nailed a person who imports them and profits from their sale....... 

Yes, it's called trading.

54 minutes ago, HLover said:

True.

Sack her!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Judging by all the television footage of Songkran revellers over the past 2 days .... you'd have to say this lady is the unluckiest toy retailer in Thailand.

I have to conclude that she's upset someone, and this is payback.