Splish, splash – tourists and Thais get wet and wild

snoop1130

,i guess you get your information  from the photo in the article above ,beautiful small squirt guns people ever so happy,splish splash squirt squirt..so so so wrong ..come to pattaya some day,then you can comment,until then, you have nothing relevant to add...have a good day sir

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Oh stop..please stop.

My sides are splitting.

The irony is prior to foreigners coming to thailand and putting their spin on songkran  ( drenching, ice buckets etc ) it was a gentle celebration.

As ye shall sow, so shall ye reap.

The thais in the enclaves where the farangs frequent are only doing what they believe farangs like.

I dont like all the bulldust that surrounds xmas, easter etc etc in the west. 

Its commercial..ie the way of the world

mabey you get you information from the nice little photo ...come to pattaya some day and see the real ugly side of the festival..splish splash squirt squirt...so so so wrong ..some of these drunken frenzied water fighters  sit and wait with their buckets of filthy ice water, for the baht buses filled with people ...if you think this is songkran if you think this is fair and fun...then you sir can wear your ''period clothes''and come and let the good times roll..cause where I come from,its just a bunch of buiiles picking on defencless adults and children...sad

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Your a sad person, piss iffback to your own country. I’m English and happy for Thai and foreigner to enjoy themselves.

ouch.. .splish splash squirt squirt....have a safe songkran

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Appears that media is making a division between tourist behavior and Thai behavior  during songkran. 

All water fights  are being described as being done by foreigners. But events at the wat and such are being shown as thais celebrating.

Maybe that is what is needed. Show the foreigners it is not just splashing water for thais. there is more to it.

You should know by now, there is a farrang behind every thing that goes wrong here. Prawit was just not smart enough to declare the watches belong to a westener and nobody could find an answer so far how to blame a farrang for the millions stolen from the funds for poor kids education. Maybe they run out of staff with a higher O NET score, or the smart thieves are on inactive posts. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Your a sad person, piss iffback to your own country. I’m English and happy for Thai and foreigner to enjoy themselves.

Do you remember what a fellow countryman of yours said in a song?

Happiness is a warm gun - no mention of ice water buckets.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Have to agree , there is fun to be had if kept sensible but yesterday I saw three Thai guys drinking and  hiding behind a corner of a building and when a motorcycle came they threw a full bucket of water at them . One came off to their amusement but thankfully no injury , did nothing .only stared at the drunken idiots . No considerations of the possible consequences . 

Where was this exactly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HLover said:

Do not want to get wet?

0600-1100 and after 2100 are times to easily avoid most water.

Seems like an easy schedule adjustment or buy a 35 baht plastic poncho and wear it before going out.

Ah , maybe times are a changing .  Nothing up here 'till last night , I never go out at night on the bike and last night on the way for a drink and food there was a place taken over by the roadside , you know how it is , blasted boom boom row then kids running in the road with buckets of water.  If I had gone into town that way I could of ended up having some food and drink whilst covered in water. Opposite the restaurant is a Shabu shabu place 10 bikes outside , I wonder how many arrived dry.  Should be no tossers after 19.00 .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, superal said:

Have to agree , there is fun to be had if kept sensible but yesterday I saw three Thai guys drinking and  hiding behind a corner of a building and when a motorcycle came they threw a full bucket of water at them . One came off to their amusement but thankfully no injury , did nothing .only stared at the drunken idiots . No considerations of the possible consequences. 

Absolutely.

About ten years ago I had to visit a client briefly about work. It was before we had a car, so went on the motorbike, my wife was on the back.

It was the the day before the first day of Songkran (12th April), I thought as it was 8 a.m. we would probably be OK. Nope.

A middle-aged Thai guy threw an entire bucket of water right in my face. I came off straight away, both of us had cuts and bruises. Found out later I had dislocated my thumb when I hit the ground.

Someone (never knew who) called the police and ambulance. Police just shrugged and said it was Songkran. The perpetrator had long disappeared.

This was in Udon Thani, outside the city centre.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Good to know the moron epidemic is not confined to the Kao San and Pattaya areas.

Well its a no brainer if you go to Pattaya at Songkran . Has to be a bit of high season in the middle of the low season with many foreigners coming to play with water and drink all day . To the unaware newbie tourists it can be annoying and I have seen a couple of scraps in beach road caused by throwing water over people who were dressed for the evening and getting soaked by drunk Europeans .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davemos said:

What is considered a 'war weapon ' or a water pistol ? Re that Importer who had water guns impounded .

Impounded by the police. I noticed she did say to the police at the time that if they were illegal, why didn't customs seize them?

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Absolutely.

About ten years ago I had to visit a client briefly about work. It was before we had a car, so went on the motorbike, my wife was on the back.

It was the the day before the first day of Songkran (12th April), I thought as it was 8 a.m. we would probably be OK. Nope.

A middle-aged Thai guy threw an entire bucket of water right in my face. I came off straight away, both of us had cuts and bruises. Found out later I had dislocated my thumb when I hit the ground.

Someone (never knew who) called the police and ambulance. Police just shrugged and said it was Songkran. The perpetrator had long disappeared.

This was in Udon Thani, outside the city centre.

You were lucky to get away without serious injury , must have shaken you up big time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

stop cherry picking the post...children spraying water is far different from the ambush ,my family suffered yesterday as we sat helpless in the back of a stopped baht bus in front of the poilice staion and soi7,while frenzied drunks used pales ,walked up to the bus ,not just once but several times aiming at our faces,until my famillly was absolutely soaked in filthy ice water...this sir is wrong,its not right and it is the rreality of songkran in pattaya.....do not condon this behavior ..this is my home.

this is why it should be banned for ever. same happened to me yrs ago....i was not happy

No such problem in Kamphaeng Phet at the moment, there is no water in my area at the moment, confirmed with a neighbour. 

Not sure if that is a blessing or not though, with not being able to shower at the moment. 

So, a quiet dry start for Friday the 13th!!!!