Any places to play pool/snooker near Suk71?

Airalee

Fino Snooker Club,

1455 Soi Phatthanakan 31, (not far from "The Londoner")

Used to be on Suk 71, moved 5 years ago to Patthanakan 31.  Was both Snooker and Pool with good quality tables and low prices, mixed Thai/Farang clientele.

Not sure if above still the case.

Not sure if Farangs are welcome at the snooker hall on Suk 69, close to the BTS.

Gullivers in nana....right up your alley, you will easy find a few freelancers to play with there as well....oh i mean play pool with...from what i could see some are very well experienced in more than one recreation, Food is pretty good too.

21 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Gullivers in nana....right up your alley, you will easy find a few freelancers to play with there as well....oh i mean play pool with...from what i could see some are very well experienced in more than one recreation, Food is pretty good too.

Very handy for Sukhumvit 71?  It would be more accurate to say that Gulliver's  would be nowhere near being up his alley based on the OP.  And it's in Soi 5, not Nana.

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Very handy for Sukhumvit 71?  It would be more accurate to say that Gulliver's  would be nowhere near being up his alley based on the OP.  And it's in Soi 5, not Nana.

10 min skytrain ride there you know, pool day and night the poster never mentioned what area he was in, he states where expats go...and they go there, must be at least 8 pool tables plus you get some eye candy to go with the game wont take much to get them to join you if all lonely and alone.....  a decent bar as well and lets not forget they serve a decent meal there sitting inside or outside..Last time I was in Soi 5 it was most definatly in the Nana precident ..... 

The OP mentioned he wanted some practice time which is difficult to get on bar and pub pool tables where they want you to only play challenge matches.  This includes Gullivers.

The very nice pool hall on the 2nd floor of the Raumchit Hotel (Sports Academy?) around Suk. 15 often has tables open in the afternoon available by the hour for practice.

If people are bringing in lower Suk into the conversation, ,then there are three main "farang" oriented pool halls with more than few 9 ft. tables:

1. Hustlers in Time Square (near Suk 12)

2. Sports Academy in Rumchit Hotel (near Suk 15)

3. Sportsman (in Suk 13 at Trendy)

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, AlexRRR said:

10 min skytrain ride there you know, pool day and night the poster never mentioned what area he was in, he states where expats go...and they go there...

Last time I was in Soi 5 it was most definatly in the Nana precident ..... 

"...the poster never mentioned what area he was in..."

Really?  Did you miss the entire title of the thread?...

By Airalee

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, dddave said:

The OP mentioned he wanted some practice time which is difficult to get on bar and pub pool tables where they want you to only play challenge matches.  This includes Gullivers.

The very nice pool hall on the 2nd floor of the Raumchit Hotel (Sports Academy?) around Suk. 15 often has tables open in the afternoon available by the hour for practice.

Only after 4pm in Sports Academy (unless they have changed that recently).

13 hours ago, Airalee said:

Anybody want to go check out the snooker hall on Suk69 with me?

I'd like to but currently stuck in the USA for a month or so.  Maybe another time though I have zero snooker skills and scant pool skill as well.

32 minutes ago, dddave said:

I'd like to but currently stuck in the USA for a month or so.  Maybe another time though I have zero snooker skills and scant pool skill as well.

I head back to the US in a month and will be there for 2 months.  My snooker skills are average at best so you won’t be embarrassed 

On 27/04/2018 at 2:41 AM, Just Weird said:

"...the poster never mentioned what area he was in..."

Really?  Did you miss the entire title of the thread?...

By Airalee

Thanks for going to the trouble of pointing it out to me....you made my day...we still have some very bored people in TV.

Archived