How strict is the two land limit

Hello, I want to go to mae sai land border and cross over, I did it before no problem but I have already used my second land crossing this year, am I likely to get refused? Last time I went to mae sai border I walked in and out in 10 mins back into Thailand early evening, I assume as I will have reached the 3 limit I will be denied? Thanks

Thanks again Joe, I have just booked cnx to kul returning the morning, tbh I think I’ll just do a bit of shopping and watch a few movies in the airport then head to check in, not quite sure what the catch is on doing third but I’ll soon find out heh

Hi, the reason is because I recently got divorced and stay in Thailand to help take care of my son, not ideal and your right in the tourist visa I do usually try to get one just in a rush atm, thanks on the heads up with the 10k my card can be a night mare

3 hours ago, ryanhull said:

Hi, the reason is because I recently got divorced and stay in Thailand to help take care of my son, not ideal and your right in the tourist visa I do usually try to get one just in a rush atm, thanks on the heads up with the 10k my card can be a night mare

If you have a copy of the child’s birth certificate (ideally the orginal too) you should be able to get a single entry non-immigrant visa rather than a tourist visa.

If possible have a copy of the birth certificate with you when you enter with visa exempt entry as that would help should you get questioned.

Also, as the parent of a Thai you can extend any entry (even visa exempt) by 60 days.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you are legally his father then you would be better advised to get a non-o visa then an extension of stay 

He is the legal parent if he was married to the child’s mother. To get an extension he would need to at least have joint custody following divorce.

Edited by elviajero

Does this strict enforcement apply to all land crossings? Or only those when arriving with visa-exempt entries? In other words, if one of your land arrivals is done with an SETV (like from Vientiane), does that count against your two land entries per year limit?

Edited by JepSoDii

If you have a copy of the child’s birth certificate (ideally the orginal too) you should be able to get a single entry non-immigrant visa rather than a tourist visa.

If possible have a copy of the birth certificate with you when you enter with visa exempt entry as that would help should you get questioned.

Also, as the parent of a Thai you can extend any entry (even visa exempt) by 60 days.

Thanks for the advise, I’m almost 7 years here I was not aware you can extend a tourist stamp by 60 not the usual 30, is it still the same 1900 bhat? Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, ryanhull said:

Thanks for the advise, I’m almost 7 years here I was not aware you can extend a tourist stamp by 60 not the usual 30, is it still the same 1900 bhat? Thanks a lot

Yes. plus copies of PP, Entry stamp, TM7 a TM30 at some offices, 1 photograph.

TM7 and TM30 are on the TV website to download 

BTW, if you have a SETV you can extend it ONCE only.

This correct as of March 2018 at Jomtien - other offices may vary...TIT

There are several threads running with this info on TV.

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, JepSoDii said:

Does this strict enforcement apply to all land crossings? Or only those when arriving with visa-exempt entries? In other words, if one of your land arrivals is done with an SETV (like from Vientiane), does that count against your two land entries per year limit?

There is a limit of two visas exempt entries per year at any land crossing. A SETV entry does not count towards the visa exempt entry limit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanhull said:

Yes, all extensions cost the same 1,900 baht.

Just to clarify: Is the rule 2 visa-exempt entries by land per calendar year or any 365-day period? (If calendar year, then theoretically one could do 2 in December, then 2 more the following January). Thanks in advance...

6 minutes ago, Hardie said:

Just to clarify: Is the rule 2 visa-exempt entries by land per calendar year or any 365-day period? (If calendar year, then theoretically one could do 2 in December, then 2 more the following January). Thanks in advance...

It is 2 per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st). The count resets at midnight on December 31st so any entries before then are gone.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 2 per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st). The count resets at midnight on December 31st so any entries before then are gone.

Thanx, Joe! That question has been nagging at me for a while...