Is this the worst ‘farang breakfast’ in all of Thailand?

webfact

6 minutes ago, Kitmakmak said:

These aren't baked potatoes. These are what we call hash brown potatoes. They're stir fried in a pan or on a griddle. One other variety is julienned potatoes that are also fried in a pan or on a griddle. A third variety is the pre-formed frozen patties that are deep fried in oil like the ones served at McDonalds.

julienned hash browns.htm

McD hash brown.htm

RR..These potatoes are baked in a pan, Germans also call them Bratkartoffeln. I knew that something similar would come up. Forgive me, you're right, I'm wrong with my baked potatoes, I love them as they are on the photo. 

I also know what hash browns are, thanks for the lesson, mate. 

Edited by jenny2017
There's not enough beer in this world

On 4/23/2018 at 4:29 PM, Kitmakmak said:

While on the subject, my pet peeve here is that Thais apparently think an American breakfast includes a hot dog. It should be a proper sausage. Nobody in the US serves hot dogs for breakfast.

American breakfast here is just a pathetic imitation of a proper English one as they don't have sausages, proper bacon, black pudding, decent mushrooms or the ability to grill tomatoes.  Over-easy eggs are a result of not knowing how to baste an egg in a frying pan so they get served raw and runny on top, or flipped and broken.  Lettuce has no place on the plate, nor does some anemic hot-dog that requires a dollop of chili to hide it and its taste, frying them so the ends curl up does not add anything.

More authentic to offer pancakes dripping in syrup and ice cream with a side of grits washed down with a gallon of coke.

And will someone please spread the word that toast is brown, not barely tanned on just one side.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Expatthailover said:

Love to see what would get dished up to a thai in a transport cafe in the uk if he asked for a traditional thai breakfast.

In my local chippy they do kebab meat pizzas, scotland famous for deep fried mars bars.

People travelling thousands of miles to a country with a different climate culture etc etc expecting a vegetarian full english and then getting uptight because it isnt what they expected?

Priceless

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, The manic said:

I think they did their best to be helpful and gave him what he wanted.  There is no such thing as a western vegetarian breakfast. Ludicrous request. Regarding the egg: better well done than phlegmy and undercooked.

+1.

Agreed, and i'm a Brit who loves an occasional fry up.

I don't actually see what is that wrong with the pics... I could eat that,  as long as the cauliflower was hot...

• Haha 1