Tourists pickpocketed near Pattaya Police Station

webfact

2 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Seems to be those that post negative stuff NEVER post anything remotely positive.

Same old stuck record about the people and its institutions and labelling every thai with the sins of a very very tiny minority.

The same people have very very thin skins when their ilk are labelled as moaners etc etc.

Cant have it both ways

I am getting bored with your rose tinted comments, as i have no doubt others feel the same.

Thailand is a good country to live in, but serial corruption is now considered the norm.

For a policeman to become a police general he has to part with millions of baht, then he has to recoup his outlay.

Same goes for senior government jobs, now that is not moaning..... That is fACT.

Now i would love for you to prove me wrong, but you cannot, it is considered the norm.

• Like 1

I envy Brokenrecord and the like who support the workings of the Thai police: it merely means they have not touched you YET.  I used to be like them until I experience their corruption twice in rapid succession.  A senior officer at Jomtien station refused to take action against a (female) car thief until 10K was forthcoming.  A Sattahip cop cost me roughly 90K when he decided I was at fault for an accident whilst waiting at a U-turn and two Thai boys without licence/helmets ploughed into the side of my car at 90kph.

• Like 1

OK that's enough off topic bickering, topic is about:

Tourists pickpocketed near Pattaya Police Station

Please talk about the subject not other posters, further off topic posts will be removed and the poster could be warned 

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Thank you for that, yes the problems i have had with the police here, have been well documented.

Lamkyong just loves to attack/ condemn everything i post, he is becoming a pain in the backside.

Sometimes by accident and sometimes by design, some posters can get under one's skin.

Thank goodness for the ignore feature.

21 hours ago, Borzandy said:

We believed we could live in Thailand and talk about the corrupted police, no? maybe I'm wrong.

All the time, even in topics completely unrelated to the police? Why's that?

In this case, what corruption have you spotted already?