Officer shot in eye by hallucinating gunman succumbs to injuries

snoop1130

Officer shot in eye by hallucinating gunman succumbs to injuries

By Santiparp Ramasut 
The Nation

45a9bcd18c0fad3534a1bb8647b543c7.jpeg

A policeman, who was shot in the right eye by a gun-wielding 21-year-old local man in a drug-induced hallucination during a three-hour stand-off in Songkhla’s Singha Nakhon district on Tuesday morning, succumbed at the age of 52 on Thursday.

Pol Sr Sgt-Major Pisut Ditsuwan of the Moung Ngam Police Station was pronounced dead at Songklanagarind Hospital in Hat Yai district at 5.48am. His funeral was held in the afternoon at Na Thong cemetery in Ban Bor Klang (Moo 2) in Tambon Moung Ngam.

The stand-off took place on Tuesday morning when police were alerted to a hallucinating local man, Jessada Santhat shooting a gun at his home in Tambon Bang Kied. Responding police, including Pisut, found the man standing in a field near his home.

As police tried to talk him into surrendering, Pisut allegedly fired a gun at them and hit Pisut in his eye. Jessada then fled to hide in his home before later surrendering to police following a three-hour stand-off.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343481

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-19

From time to time to time I have come back to the condo I stay at and I have witnessed

a drunk/high belligerent Thai guy yelling, screaming and acting aggressively. Surrounded by

a half a dozen police officers calmly trying to defuse a volatile situation. I would

guess the police were once again showing this calm patience. Unfortunately, with

an armed drug addict, this was the tragic outcome. RIP to the police officer.

• Like 2