Hat Yai landlord arrested over teen’s horrific rape claim

snoop1130

Hat Yai landlord arrested over teen’s horrific rape claim

By THE NATION

ea9184f6917b8fcd5fac26c36f5ab81b.jpeg

POLICE on Friday arrested the owner of an apartment building following an allegation that he raped a teenage tenant.

The man, named by police as Krissada Yanwisesphakdee, 46, has denied any wrongdoing. He is accused of attacking an 18-year-old student with a stun gun and raping her.

The alleged assault, which took place in the girl’s rented room on April 11, had led to Songkhla provincial court issuing the warrant earlier yesterday.

Hat Yai police superintendent Pol Colonel Kittichai Sangthaworn announced at that stage that Krissada was being sought over allegations of assault and rape. 

Police had told the victim’s family on Thursday that the man had been summonsed and had promised to speak to investigators.

The teenager, from Satun province, had rented the dormitory room with a friend so they could take lessons with a tutor during the school holidays to prepare for university entrance exams. The girl was alone at 10am on the day in question when the dorm owner visited her room, ostensibly to fix the toilet’s showerhead, and asked her to help him unscrew it. 

The man allegedly attacked the girl with a stun gun, rendering her to defenceless, then carried her to her bed, where he raped her. 

The girl then called her parents and the family filed a complaint at Hat Yai police station.

On Thursday afternoon, the girl and her parents gave police more information and sought publicity to bring her attacker to justice.

The girl’s father asked for the man to be held accountable as speedily as possible, saying his family had been severely affected by the incident, while his daughter had been traumatised and needed help from a psychologist.

The Nation visited the dormitory in question yesterday and found that it was closed. 

A phone inquiry to the dormitory owner resulted in the briefest of conversations.

The man said he had told police his side of the story and hung up.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343613

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-20

"......and sought publicity to bring her attacker to justice."

Why should there need to be publicity in order for justice to be pursued?  Ok, I know, This is Thailand - things are different here.

It sounds like the rapist/attacker is going to get let off easy.  I hope not.  He should do 3 years in prison with a Bt.1,000,000 fine.   He's a dangerous man.

7 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Why should there need to be publicity in order for justice to be pursued?  Ok, I know, This is Thailand - things are different here.

As we have seen recently in a lot of other news articles, it needs publicity/social media to shame the police into action.

So you're correct - things are different here.

Scum and good for the parents to highlight this as widely as possible so that there are 1000s of eyes watching this process. Why hasn't he been arrested???  why is a newspaper able to track him and chat to him?  'had promised to speak to investigators'  what a farce!!!

10 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

It sounds like the rapist/attacker is going to get let off easy.  I hope not.  He should do 3 years in prison with a Bt.1,000,000 fine.   He's a dangerous man.

Also i see only one policeman, why not 8 as usual?

What is it with this country and their police force, ask a person of interest to come in so we can have a chat and maybe a cup of tea, For <deleted> sake go out arrest the guy bring him in for questioning if innocent let him/her go if not straight to court to arrange bail or be detained until court hearing. Why does Thailand have to be so different to rest of world??????????????

Amazing Thailand 

Like mentioned why do they have to be different !

Go get him & then deal with it !

The second statement is like Auss - Go get him as they are guilty till proven innocent 

Example of Auss

In the paper a bunch of professional push bike riders were riding in a bunch

An unmarked police car pulled them up & said your breaking the law (the bikers knew better  tried to cite the law )

Within 3 minutes a few more cop cars & motor cycle came because their were 6 riders 

PS: in the end the police had to formally apologise after fining the bikers ( for not knowing the law )

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police had told the victim’s family on Thursday that the man had been summonsed and had promised to speak to investigators.

Nice of him ! How about getting of your backsides and doing your job of arresting him ? Guilty or not the law is the law, and needs sorting now - not when everybody agrees to talk about it ! About time they sacked ALL policeman giving excuses of 'when it suits the alleged perp'

12 hours ago, a977 said:

What is it with this country and their police force, ask a person of interest to come in so we can have a chat and maybe a cup of tea, For <deleted> sake go out arrest the guy bring him in for questioning if innocent let him/her go if not straight to court to arrange bail or be detained until court hearing. Why does Thailand have to be so different to rest of world??????????????

They don't leave their air-conditioned office to arrest anyone, or to do anything else, because it's hot out there in their tight brown uniforms. Give them some understanding and sympathy, please. Poor chaps.

13 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Of course after proof has been found, don't you think.

Or in your train of thought an accusation is enough?

It no wonder why Thais flaunt the law like Drink Driving and such.

If the victim reported a rape then arrest the man get statements 

Investigate allegation collect evidence 

I'msure the family took this young lady to hospital 

The powers that be must at sometimes think what is happeningin there country 

16 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I hope that if he does get a light sentenance that her male relatives cut his nuts and dong off.Thats what my family members would to any one that harms any of our family

19 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

To be accurate, he's an alleged rapist/attacker, and one that, in common with the policy of far too many countries, has been named before it's even gone to court. 

It would be far from the first time a rape 'victim' has, for any number of reasons, lied. The idea promoted in the UK that they should be automatically believed - now rethought, I believe - was a stupid,  and dangerous, idea. 

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

That's a laugh,,,, Normally the Police would Go and Get the Accused and interrogate him  No bullshit ,,,Not in Thailand 

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

He should be tied up, she should be given the stun gun and let loose on him. Once she has had her therapy he can be put down like a mangy dog. Assuming of course that he is guilty.

And assuming he had not already bled to death from injuries below the waist, committed by the girl and her Dad.............

The police are probably not interested because the guy is of little wealth and does not have money to buy himself out of trouble, including the girl and her family are not people of significance, so who cares attitudes. 

This is how the justice system works in Thailand.

Archived