Weed Fans Head to Highland to Spark Hope For Legal Thai Bud

rooster59

Weed Fans Head to Highland to Spark Hope For Legal Thai Bud

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

422-696x522.jpg

A vendor Saturday at Highland 420 atop Fortune Town in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Tribeswomen from the north on Saturday taught urbanites to weave fiber made from hemp, while other marijuana enthusiasts crowded to learn how to make bamboo bongs.

In a panel discussion at held on the stage, a former cancer patient who attributed his survival to use of hemp exhorted its medical benefit.

“It saves my life,” a man who gave his name only as Nikorn said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/04/21/weed-fans-head-to-highland-to-spark-hope-for-legal-thai-weed/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-22

Wow, she is cute.  Hope she is single.   Wonder if she gets the giggles when she smokes.  She does not seem to get the munchies. 

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Such a negative viewpoint. People said the same in the US, Canada, Uruguay, Argentina, Jamaica, Portugal all of whom are now countries where marijuana is either legal, or will be soon. The countries that don't legalise marijuana, will be left behind in what will be a huge growth industry, worth billions. I think that the money involved will be a key player, in continuing legalisation around the world.

You forgot North Korea.  It is legal to smoke pot there too.  Maybe Thailand will follow the North's one and only good example of freedom.  Appreciate your point of view, but if it were legal, the average Thai farmer wound not enjoy the riches from such cultivation.  The junta is already eying this for themselves.  I would not smoke junta weed

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Such a negative viewpoint. People said the same in the US, Canada, Uruguay, Argentina, Jamaica, Portugal all of whom are now countries where marijuana is either legal, or will be soon. The countries that don't legalise marijuana, will be left behind in what will be a huge growth industry, worth billions. I think that the money involved will be a key player, in continuing legalisation around the world.

Well in California at least,  it took 50 years from the time my friends were saying legalization is just around the corner.

50 years is pretty much a lifetime.

• Like 1

Would not, could not, smoke it anyhow. Lungs are not great from forty + years of (mostly :smile: ) tobacco use.
I would really like to see the cannabinoid oil made legal, at least. I understand you cannot get high from it, and many people extol its pain relieving usage.
I would not mind a little commestible MJ now and then. Also great pain relief, and a little fun, too, but not needed personally. Just would like. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure why they are linking hemp production with marijuana, as the plant species used to produce them are completely different.

Better to divorce them completely, and not cloud the undoubted benefits of legalizing growing of hemp fibre and related products with the much more controversial benefits of producing cannabis. The latter will take very careful handling including trade control, taxation, consumer age regulation and police action and technology to prevent widespread drugged driving.

These difficulties may lead to significant delay and cause not only hemp benefits economic loss but further entrenchment of meth/yabba as the drug of choice for Thai youth.

55 minutes ago, tebee said:

From a scientific point of view they are the same species, just different varieties.

Until flowering, it would be impossible for your average PC plod to look at a plant and say it was a low TCH variety for hemp production, or a one to get you high.Would need to send samples for tests.   

You are right of course, I should have said variety or strain rather than species, thanks. Licensing and crop inspection would be the way around cultivation of marijuana, but that’s difficult in a country where they can’t even stop illegal burning to clear land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CBD (cannabidiol) is the main substance in cannabis that has a medicinal benefit. It will not give someone a "high" or get you stoned. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the stuff that gets you stoned.
I am in favour of legalising cannabis. 
However, I have some concerns. One is that smoking carries its own health risks so people should be encouraged to use non-smoking methods. Many companies produce CBD oil rather than selling weed or resin blocks.
Secondly, if people are requiring medicinal use then companies/growers should be developing plant varieties with a high yield of CBD and low THC. As far as I know CBD yield has remained much the same as it ever was.
Thirdly, I get a strong suspicion that THC yield is much higher nowadays in legal production than it was when illegal.  Perhaps 3 or 4 fold, at least, than it was 40-50 years ago, during the hippie era. This leads me to suspect that growers/producers/companies will deliberately increase THC yield in their cannabis varieties as that will bring them more profit. Small growers and peasant farmers will probably not benefit much from legalisation, as big business and politics will control it, as they do with rice production. 

• Like 1

Absolutely guaranteed to draw unnecessary attention and result in arrests. Legality of weed is never going to happen in Thailand and there are powerful people who have very vested interests in seeing that it doesn't

Edited by KhunFred
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

No doubt, but the military has already called dibs, and it will probably go the way of the alcohol monopoly, where just the golden circle makes money.  Could you imagine poor Thai farmers becoming rich ?  Getting out of debt ?  Sending their kids to good schools?  No, I can't either. 

Here are some possible product names for this new venture:

1. Des-pot

2. Junta Stix

3. Reconciliation Smoke

4. Reform Bud

5. Prawit Gold

6. Diamond Hearted Weed

I would not mind if it is the junta that gets rich off it as long as its legally available.

Its a great sleeping aid far better as xanax and the like.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Then you are not doing the average Thai much of a favor, just those who bully and take advantage.

No I am not, but if I have to choose between not available and available through the junta i know what i choose.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yellowboat said:
12 minutes ago, robblok said:

No I am not, but if I have to choose between not available and available through the junta i know what i choose.

You have rendered me speechless. 

Why?  You cannot survive in Thailand without buying stuff that benefits the junta.  That being the case, why deride another person for wishing something were available in Thailand, even if it's through the junta?  Or single out weed as something to boycott because it benefits the junta?

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Why?  You cannot survive in Thailand without buying stuff that benefits the junta.  That being the case, why deride another person for wishing something were available in Thailand, even if it's through the junta?  Or single out weed as something to boycott because it benefits the junta?

Yeah.  Read what I said in the last couple of posts.  That is my argument.  It is unfair to the average Thai, as he / she will not be able to participate in that business.   If he and you do not care about the average Thai, then that is your prerogative. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I agree. I would not smoke junta weed out of principle. Just don't trust these people.

You don't trust the Junta?? I have not seen the Junta do one millionth of the damage that Trudeau has done to Canada. I wish a Junta would overthrow the corrupt mental Canadian Government.