Weed Fans Head to Highland to Spark Hope For Legal Thai Bud

rooster59

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Why?  You cannot survive in Thailand without buying stuff that benefits the junta.  That being the case, why deride another person for wishing something were available in Thailand, even if it's through the junta?  Or single out weed as something to boycott because it benefits the junta?

Yes, people who hate the junta that much should not be in Thailand at all. Because everything you buy here (VAT) benefits the junta. 

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah.  Read what I said in the last couple of posts.  That is my argument.  It is unfair to the average Thai, as he / she will not be able to participate in that business.   If he and you do not care about the average Thai, then that is your prerogative. 

No the choice was between not having it or buying it from the junta.. either way the average Thai would not benefit. 

Anyway I why would I have to boycot the junta if they can deliver something I want. Just stupid to force others to boycot things. Your going over the edge in your junta hatred. Even I am not that bad with hatred of the Shins. 

Well, for the time being, PM Prayuth put the kibosh on the Thai Farmer's Assc's intent to plant cannabis for medical purposes.  Something about permission to do that is "unacceptable for Thais and needs more study". 

One guy in the linked full article used the term "revolution" wrt weed in Thailand. A bit premature and with a Junta in charge, the "R" word maybe a bit too provocative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

No the choice was between not having it or buying it from the junta.. either way the average Thai would not benefit. 

Anyway I why would I have to boycot the junta if they can deliver something I want. Just stupid to force others to boycot things. Your going over the edge in your junta hatred. Even I am not that bad with hatred of the Shins. 

I’m with Robblok on this.  If one were to extend the “don’t support the junta” line, then I suppose that everybody who wants to have a beer/cocktail/glass of wine should instead drink lao-kao purchased in an empty water bottle.

I suppose anything could happen in Gagaland, but would rank the chances of it being legalized at next to zero. In my opinion, it would be good if some poor souls with illness could enjoy it, as it seems to have some benefit, but it's probably not a good idea to make it widely available for recreational use, since it is a potent drug. 

Some countries, whilst making it illegal, don't enforce the law strictly unless someone is making a nuisance of themselves.

The double whammy here is that it is associated with smoking- just look what's happened with vaping, and that is arguably completely benign.

On 4/22/2018 at 11:04 AM, sykray said:

CBD (cannabidiol) is the main substance in cannabis that has a medicinal benefit. It will not give someone a "high" or get you stoned. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the stuff that gets you stoned.
I am in favour of legalising cannabis. 
However, I have some concerns. One is that smoking carries its own health risks so people should be encouraged to use non-smoking methods. Many companies produce CBD oil rather than selling weed or resin blocks.
Secondly, if people are requiring medicinal use then companies/growers should be developing plant varieties with a high yield of CBD and low THC. As far as I know CBD yield has remained much the same as it ever was.
Thirdly, I get a strong suspicion that THC yield is much higher nowadays in legal production than it was when illegal.  Perhaps 3 or 4 fold, at least, than it was 40-50 years ago, during the hippie era. This leads me to suspect that growers/producers/companies will deliberately increase THC yield in their cannabis varieties as that will bring them more profit. Small growers and peasant farmers will probably not benefit much from legalisation, as big business and politics will control it, as they do with rice production. 

Wrong. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Among other wrong things you were blabbing about. The most major one is that THC is a CBD. 

On 4/22/2018 at 12:47 PM, KhunFred said:

Absolutely guaranteed to draw unnecessary attention and result in arrests. Legality of weed is never going to happen in Thailand and there are powerful people who have very vested interests in seeing that it doesn't

There are powerful people in Thailand who can see how much money can be made from the legalisation of weed if they can control the market.  For this reason I see the legalisation as not a question of if, but when.

• Thanks 1