Strawberries

OlRedEyes

OK. Now I think it's getting downright weird. Wife came home with some strawberries today. Said she couldn't resist.

Later I find her spread out on the couch, enjoying her strawberries dipped in a sweet chilli sauce. :o

According to her thats how it's sold here. :D First time I see it, thank god. I hope it's the last.

How could I have missed this delicacy amongst the fried bugs etc. through the years? Is she lying?

OK. Now I think it's getting downright weird. Wife came home with some strawberries today. Said she couldn't resist.

Later I find her spread out on the couch, enjoying her strawberries dipped in a sweet chilli sauce. :o

According to her thats how it's sold here. :D First time I see it, thank god. I hope it's the last.

How could I have missed this delicacy amongst the fried bugs etc. through the years? Is she lying?

chili sauce???...whatever happened to whipped cream an' short cake???...Thailand never ceases to amaze...however, I do find the image of a thai lady sprawled on the couch eating strawberries, urm, arousing... :D

....enjoying her strawberries dipped in a sweet chilli sauce.

Agreed, OH adds sugar to her main course while I might add a little salt, which she will reserve for putting on sliced pineapple after the meal.

Strawberries, a little fresh black pepper does bring out the flavour, maybe the Thai idea is similar.

Edited by Cuban

....enjoying her strawberries dipped in a sweet chilli sauce.

Agreed, OH adds sugar to her main course while I might add a little salt, which she will reserve for putting on sliced pineapple after the meal.

Strawberries, a little fresh black pepper does bring out the flavour, maybe the Thai idea is similar.

Ever try pineapple and tabasco sauce? :o

My wife says prick krua. A mixture of sugar,salt and chilly. :D

Your wife is right it's prick krua, sugar, salt and prick. I didn't know they had a specific name for it and never taste it since I like strwberries with nothing on it.

By the way, the Chiang Mai strawberries are very good, arroy mak mak. :o

Sorry,but why do you think the way you eat strawberies is the good way?

strawberry preparation has many guises...my dad useta bring home strawberries, short cake an' whipped cream inna aeresol can...then he forgot about the strawberries, an' de shortcake an' proceded to squirt whipped cream onto his index finger an' had us kids stick out our index fingers as well...he said 'umm, ummm good...finger sundaes...fer everyone...'

my mom observes disapprovingly wid her arms folded across her chest an' says 'Charles...have you been drinkin' again?'

:o

Sorry,but why do you think the way you eat strawberies is the good way?

I don't remember OlRedEyes saying that.

Personally I love strawberries and thick double cream - strawberries that are almost too big for my mouth so that it takes me ages to eat one :o

I can see the appeal of strawberries and the sugar/salt/chilli mix but not for me

Nikkijah :D

Clotted cream is made with unpasteurized milk. Here is a recipe making a "near thing":

from cooks recipes:

This specialty of Devonshire, England (which is why it's also known as Devonshire or Devon cream) is traditionally made by gently heating rich, unpasteurized milk until a semisolid layer of cream forms on the surface. After cooling, the thickened cream is removed. Since unpasteurized milk is not easily attained in the US, here is a recipe that comes close to the real thing. Clotted cream can be spread on bread or spooned atop fresh fruit or desserts. The traditional English "cream tea" consists of clotted cream and jam served with scones and tea.
2 cups heavy cream

1. Cook cream in top of double boiler over simmering water until reduced by about half. It should be the consistency of butter, with a golden "crust" on the top.

2. Transfer, including crust, to bowl. Cover and let stand 2 hours, then refrigerate at least 12 hours.

3. Stir crust into cream before serving. Keep unused portions refrigerated, tightly covered, for up to 4 days.

Makes about 1 cup.