fraud

splodger

Good morning,I am  disabled ex armed force

,my disability may or may not have been caused by my time in the military.

I started to have problems aftr i left.So i had a lady to take care of my room,she became,after a while my girlfriend.

She worked as a cook in a resturant less than 5 mins walk from my room,she stayed with me for 4 years with no problems.

I had a mild stroke and my mobility was severly restricted.I was a couple of months,with her her helping me everyday,she stoppped working,i was able to walk again with a rolater,like a zimmer with wheels,and was able to use my computer.

Then i noticed on 20/06/16 100,000 baht was withdrawn from my savings account by proxy,same thing on 22/08/16.

It was a while before I could get to the bank,where i got copies ,which i can not find,a few days later i suffered another stroke and only now i can walk with my rollator,have i any recourse,of course i will get new copies,my signature is almost never the same twice because of my disability.

Thanking you in advance

On the 22/08/16 200,000 was withdrawn

I think the first thing you need to do is to get to the police station and make a report of the stolen money..then to the bank and have them start investigating who withdrew the money and have them implement stricter control on who can access your money...you should also ask the woman if /why she took the money maybe she had a good reason ?

What bank was it? I had the same thing happen to me when I lived in Surin province about 20 years ago. If I remember correctly after all this time somebody used an ATM in Bangkok with my Lloyd's and Barclays debit cards whilst I was in Surin with the cards in my wallet.

I called both banks' fraud line in UK immediately and got the money back within a month...

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed

Hmmm...

That was almost 2 years ago.  You have other posts between that and you are just asking about this now?

Also, I don't know of any banks that will give a Thai girl big money without her being on the account.

By the way, what happened to her?  Ever try to track her down?

Sorry for your loss, but if what you say is true your money is long gone.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, splodger said:

no,she had to have my passport and bank book she take when i sleep only she can do i have name and photo she

That means  the bank's liable. Like others have said, file a police report and talk to the bank. 

Good luck with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splodger said:

Of course it is true,i have better things to do than lie.i am asking now because before I could barely do anything for myself including walking.

If your comments are true, one would think that you would be only too pleased to take me up on my offer to be of assistance to you , if possible. Therefore, I doubt your sincerity.

That was nearly two years ago, your lucky to have anything left in there at all.

could have been anybody taking the money. I would not accuse your gf unless you have some evidence just because she's the closest target.

Sounds like it it was electronically withdrawn between accounts.

Most working class thais don't have the skills to crack passwords and have funds transferred between accounts.

not sure what your disability has to do with the theft.

cant see see a bank investigating after two years, but it's worth a try for that amount.

May want to password protect and/or add a fingerprint scanner for computer login. It's a good practice in case anything is ever stolen and recommended for all laptops.

may want to point blank mention the theft to your gf without accusing. The response, eye contact and body language will tell you what you need to know.

good luck with it all and carry  on down that yellow brick road of life until you arrive at the emerald city and speak to the wizard.

Edited by Dick Crank

On April 25, 2018 at 12:55 AM, keithpa said:

If your comments are true, one would think that you would be only too pleased to take me up on my offer to be of assistance to you , if possible. Therefore, I doubt your sincerity.

Maybe he has other arrangements. Letting someone on a forum become directly involved in his financial affairs is probably the dumbest thing he could do...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

Maybe he has other arrangements. Letting someone on a forum become directly involved in his financial affairs is probably the dumbest thing he could do...

Why? Are people on forums crooked , or what? The Pope uses forums.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, keithpa said:

Why? Are people on forums crooked , or what? The Pope uses forums.

To whom it may concern,

dear applicant,

We had many qualified apicants for this position, nearly 300 candidates.

The poster prefers to use a reputable company with a proven track record and without gaps in their employment history from living abroad for all his future financial dealings.

thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to interview with us.

Thank you for your time and good luck in your job search!

we will keep your resume on file should any suitable positions become available in the future.

Edited by Dick Crank

Go to the police station and contact your embassy for advice , contact a lawyer if you can afford one.  And be careful to get in contact with members on TV , many not so honest persons out there. 

• 2 weeks later...