You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

How's that for a bit of driving! "Water monitor" behind the wheel!

webfact

How's that for a bit of driving! "Water monitor" behind the wheel!

7pm.jpg

Pictures: Manager online

Dash cam footage taken in Bangkok showed a horrendous bit of driving.

In the early part of a three minute video posted online a Vios is seen driving normally in the right lane.

Then another car undertakes before dangerously cutting in front to make a right turn.

7pm1.jpg

The Vios is swiped and has to stop but the offending driver just carries on regardless fleeing the scene.

Later in the video the man who has caught the action on his dash cam gives his phone number to the passenger of the victim who has got out to survey the damage.

Manager reported the incident that appeared on the page of "Hia Khap Rot".

This is a play on words utilizing a misspelling of the word "hia" that means water monitor and is vulgar in Thai.

The expression could be translated directly as water monitor behind the wheel thus condemning the bad driving.

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-24

3 hours ago, robblok said:

What a total idiot, he would not have to wait more then a minute before he could go right but no.. he overtakes and then has to cut the other guy off. Crazy driving. 

Why is it a he?  Maybe a she.  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am guessing it was you.. you protest too much.

Actually as the offending driver was using their indicators - a procedure not often used by Thais, it was most likely a farrang not really knowing where they were going ;-)

6 hours ago, robblok said:

What a total idiot, he would not have to wait more then a minute before he could go right but no.. he overtakes and then has to cut the other guy off. Crazy driving. 

..then the Vios reverses up to the good samaritan with the passenger door open and rips it off and damages his front guard..why not pull over to the left and exchange details there..i added the last bit, but it looked as though it could happen here.

Wasting your sweetness on the desert air to express surprise or outrage at some of the behaviour on Thai roads and in general . Just as it is impossible to understand aspects of “ Thainess” in daily life ,it is a waste of breath ? Simple as that.. different. 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Pretty normal driving here mate. People are dying everyday here because they can't wait 5 seconds. I see it daily, it is how they are, impatient and aggressive.

This having to get past then needing to make a turn, and braking suddenly in-front of what one passes is prevalent on the roads in Thailand. There does appear to be a strong need to get to the front or be impatient. And as traffic gets more frustrating there are more incidents. Not sure what the solution is. When I drive I try to stay patient and calm, perhaps I am not as much in a hurry as many on the roads,

A lot of this behaviour comes down to arrogance and self-importance of the road offender. They must think every other driver is less important so it is okay to drive like this. You don't see people cut off a Black Mercedes Benz do you. It is all pecking order .

17 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Wasting your sweetness on the desert air to express surprise or outrage at some of the behaviour on Thai roads and in general . Just as it is impossible to understand aspects of “ Thainess” in daily life ,it is a waste of breath ? Simple as that.. different. 

..to me all part of the great attraction to this country..make your own path..sometimes you have to dodge and weave..but at all costs try to keep your sense of humour and laugh it off..if not to serious.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:14 AM, robblok said:

Hia Khap Rot"  Monitor Lizard driving

Archived