Need Some Heat Relief

mafaso

I'm in the south of Thailand and really really want to go somewhere where I can feel cold. I've been here for a year and half and would love to have to put on a jacket to go outside. It's been soooo long and I miss cold weather.

My question is can I get this in Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai? I do not know much about the north but I have heard that it can get quite cold there?

Any advice on where to go and where to stay to enjoy my "cold" vacation would be appreciated! Is Chiang Mai the coldest place in Thailand?

Thanks in advance!

Mafaso

I'm in the south of Thailand and really really want to go somewhere where I can feel cold. I've been here for a year and half and would love to have to put on a jacket to go outside. It's been soooo long and I miss cold weather.

My question is can I get this in Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai? I do not know much about the north but I have heard that it can get quite cold there?

Any advice on where to go and where to stay to enjoy my "cold" vacation would be appreciated! Is Chiang Mai the coldest place in Thailand?

Thanks in advance!

Mafaso

There are some nice farang style houses for rent (I think 1,000 baht/night) up in the mountains above Chiang Mai in Pyong Yang, which is on the northern road tro Samoeng. That's probably as cool as you'll find around here. It's already beginning to warm up here, so don't delay your trip too long.

Doi Inthanon is the highest, and the coldest spot in Thailand. Then there areas like Doi Ang Khang which has some nice facilities to stay in. Elevation equals cold...

But, it isn't very cold now, and it is getting warmer each week

Thanks in advance!

Mafaso

Go high mate or matess. Doi Intanon is a tad under 9,000' ASL, you'll lose 2 degrees celsius for every 1,000' of altitude. ie Chiang Mai is 1,000' ASL so Doi Intanon should be approx. 16 degrees celsius than Chiang Mai at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Mafaso

I spent a couple of days in Pai about a week ago. Definately jacket weather at night. The bars in town were building fires to keep people warm. Hurry though, winter in the north can be short.

Thanks in advance!

Mafaso

After 1 month heat in Pattaya (November) I found the climate in Chiang Mai much better.

It even got pretty cold sometimes, had to buy a thicker blanket...

Going out nighttime, you better have a jacket in Dec/Jan... now its heating up... so hurry :o

The women are very cold up here. Would that sort you out?

Actually, to be serious, it's been quite warm up here during the days for the last week; before that it was jackets and sweaters at night. When the seasons change here in CM they seem to change really fast. But it is still pretty cool in the evenings/nights. My thermometer says 17 C (63 F) right now.

Hey, maybe we can do a swap. We change locations. You get the cold weather and women. I get the heat in both departments.