Video: Thanks Farang! But it's irresponsible Thais who are littering in the first place

webfact

Video: Thanks Farang! But it's irresponsible Thais who are littering in the first place

561000004217901.jpg

Picture: Manager online

Manager reported on the story of the foreign man with a black bin bag collecting litter by the walkway up to Chiang Mai's famous temple of Doi Suthep.

They called the action impressive as the poster of the video said "Please share. This is wonderful. Bless You".

Some 8,600 people had already shared the video said Manager.

But while comment about his actions was positive there were plenty of negative comments online from Thais directed not at the foreigner but at Thai tourists.

They said that if the Thai tourists had found a proper place to dispose of the litter in the first place there would be no need of a foreigner to come and pick it up.

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-25

Oh dear! He is definately taking work that a Thai could have been doing. He should prepare himself for a visit from Immigration and The Ministry of Labour.
Seriously, coming to Thailand to visit a Temple, or living here long time, doesn´t matter. It´s not something to bless. This is ridiculous. How can he suddenly get a thought like that.
Probably just a guy that hates his vacation.

30 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Congratulations is in order, though. When it´s clean, you seem to have found a very beautiful spot to live in Thailand. :smile:

Evidently, someone had said her house was untidy and she took umbrage; a squeal accompanied every exertion as she de-cluttered. Quite sexy sounds actually.

We helped her clear up the rubbish (stuff) from outside. Normally very quiet in these parts.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that if the Thai tourists had found a proper place to dispose of the litter in the first place there would be no need of a foreigner to come and pick it up.

And why we can see soooo many  litter close to an empty bin?

I am certain that the police would have difficulty finding an honorable charge for defending the temple and monks from this "criminal offense" {no-wp} 555.

I also think that he can become a volunteer by going on a hunt for "soi dogs" without non-o visa, without resident certificate and the best : Without work permit :D

It always blowes my mind with Thais 

They are a clean culture  they wash 3 times a day. 

They sweep there condo floor about 100 times a day. 

But the house is just full of clutter miss matched furniture cobwebs dust and other crap lying around. 

Get them outside its a  free for l all as they throw there crap anywhere. 

But it has to said there are not  many bins for public use  its hard to find one at the best of times. 

Doesn't mean you throw it on the street or in the klong 

9 hours ago, Get Real said:

Oh dear! He is definately taking work that a Thai could have been doing. He should prepare himself for a visit from Immigration and The Ministry of Labour.
Seriously, coming to Thailand to visit a Temple, or living here long time, doesn´t matter. It´s not something to bless. This is ridiculous. How can he suddenly get a thought like that.
Probably just a guy that hates his vacation.

Who said he was on vacation? Just supposition.

1 hour ago, Graemej100 said:

Who said he was on vacation? Just supposition.

I don´t know who said that? Have you been reading about somebody that did that?
What I wrote was probably, but if you do not mean what that mean you are excused. 

Class over, please come back for more tomorrow! :cheesy:

I have worried about offending people and neighborhood for cleaning up.   This may imply to them that they are pigs?   

I don't understand the cob webs, the filthy walls in a house, especially around the light switches.   Those same hands eat communally???   

I do wish there were some requirements for a couple trash bins email every 100 meters.  All these special parades or songkran and it doesn't seem like the cities ever prepare with extra trash cans (or any) or porta potties.   I saw girls at songkran unabashedly dumping buckets of water down the front of their trousers or shorts.  Everyone knew what they were doing.   Not sure what the guys did?

21 hours ago, maddox41 said:

It always blowes my mind with Thais 

They are a clean culture  they wash 3 times a day. 

They sweep there condo floor about 100 times a day. 

But the house is just full of clutter miss matched furniture cobwebs dust and other crap lying around. 

Get them outside its a  free for l all as they throw there crap anywhere. 

But it has to said there are not  many bins for public use  its hard to find one at the best of times. 

Doesn't mean you throw it on the street or in the klong 

some people are just lazy or don't care... it is not Thai specific is human nature specific.

Personally, I am more concerned about the air pollution and total disregard for breathable air by those driving around in vehicles spewing out thick black smoke and those who constantly burn things in the countryside.

4 hours ago, speckio said:

it is not Thai specific is human nature specific.

There are surely lazy and and dirty people all over the world, but here in Thailand there are really too many for my standards. Wouldn't it be better seeing clean an tidy streets, canals, etc., instead of having litter everywhere? But I have to agree that sometimes it's easier spotting a flying zebra than a rubbish bin here in LOS and too often I have to keep the rubbish in my hands for a long, long while before I can finally dispose it properly. The institutions in first place should start promoting cleanliness and punish littering severely. Will it ever happen? 

Archived