Wiring funds from US bank to Thai Bank while in Thai

I wanna do a wire transfer but I don't wanna go all the way over there just to do it.  So far their being a pain in the ass about it, not responding to emails, being evasive when I call..I tell them I can get any form notarized at embassey or provide any ID, fedex the docs over but their like blaaa.. if anyone has any experience doing that just thought id ask..

yea that's how i do it, i use the bangkok bank a a corresponding bank so i get the better exchange rate.. the issue is I'm not in the US where the money is at my US bank, they say you have to do it in person but maybe not, it's at the discretion of the manager at that particular branch.. got his email he doesn't respond and now i think he's gonna dodge my phone calls..

8 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

yea that's how i do it, i use the bangkok bank a a corresponding bank so i get the better exchange rate.. the issue is I'm not in the US where the money is at my US bank, they say you have to do it in person but maybe not, it's at the discretion of the manager at that particular branch.. got his email he doesn't respond and now i think he's gonna dodge my phone calls..

I am not sure I understand you. If you have internet access to your US bank a/c there should be no need for any interaction with staff at your US bank. FYI I have this morning initiated a transfer of funds which took less than a couple of minutes. 

10 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

If you have a Bangkok Bank account the transfer is done as a domestic transfer using ACH to their branch in New York not a international swift transfer. See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUSA/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUSA.aspx

If you have online banking in the states you should be able to do a ACH transfer without a problem.

• Like 1