Booking Air Asia Flights Offline?

alixjames

Hi, I was wondering where people would recommend for booking and paying for Air Asia flights with cash. Apparently there are booths in Tesco lotus....which branches?? Or does anyone know any decent travel agents as the link on the airasia site takes you to Malaysian agents. Hope you can help, I'm flying to Phuket if that makes any difference.

Alix

Hi, I was wondering where people would recommend for booking and paying for Air Asia flights with cash. Apparently there are booths in Tesco lotus....which branches?? Or does anyone know any decent travel agents as the link on the airasia site takes you to Malaysian agents. Hope you can help, I'm flying to Phuket if that makes any difference.

Here is the List of recommended agents in Thailand as it appears on the Air Asia web site.

Otherwise buy at their kiosk at any airport to which they fly into or as you say Tesco Lotus.

Beware agents may make a service charge

Alix

You can also go to any AIS SHOP, as the one at Central world plaza or near Jasmine building Soi 23 on Sukhumvit.

• 2 years later...

do you think airasia is trustworhty???

after almost one week here in this columns since i posted here, a botched flight on-line booking with them - with my flight and ticketed price being "tampered" with and details of my flight provided them, they have yet to reply to me to date, even though the website given me to lodge my complaint the to them was given by aa's staff.

how do you lodge a complaint when it is not even accessible????

worst still, my private data with them during my booking the flight with them seem to have been compromised.

fyi, for your (whososever ) info, the website - provided by their staff is in w to file a chinese and there is no way to lodge a complaint with them .

so much for the the dubious claim as the best budget airline.

Edited by miatai

Alix

many options for you if you're prepared to book through an agent....

airasia is definitely not one of them...

never paid cash nor book on-line with them but by my experience with airasia on many occasions booking on-line with them , i can say this much....

avoid them like a disease or plague .....they treat passengers like cargo and do not have simple courtesies even to apologise or make good any of their mistakes....

they are simply trying to outdo other budget any other budget airlines in this region by churning numbers and making wild claims about being number one in asia .....

yes, they are number one for a lot of follies......which they will never want to admit , it seems......

Fine for me also after several flights around Asia and within Thailand since they started operation.

Not so keen on Air Asia X, but have only had one flight with them and found them much more "budget" than I would have expected.

Always book on-line and never a problem.

Edited by fishhooks

I really dont understand people who don't like Airasia and can't see that THEY are the problem, not the airline...

Well in fairness email/phone support is non-existent if you have an issue. However keep that in mind before you buy a flight with them - they do not pretend to be a full service airline.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you pay cash at Swampy if the AA online form doesn't work?

Hi,

Yes you can pay at Airport, but also at AIS shops in Bangkok, at least it was possible but I don't know if they still propose this service?

Where else is it possible to book air asia tickets offline ?

I heard about Air asia shop near KAO SAN ROAD, but where else ?

Thanks.

monsieur, soyez bienvenu

it is all told here some 2 times now-and it still holds

the list of agents is on their website

the ONLY real office they have is near/corner of KhaoSan-Tanao rd-as they have mysteriously grasped the fact that the backpacking travelling community is their prime customer base. In fact-as a matter of circumstance-this office was officially opened on the very day swampy airport was occupied by the yellow shirts last year

they also have some smaller boothes (stands) in many=not all TescoLotus hypermarkets (sorry pour vous-Carrefour, Tesco"s main competition, sadly has not) in BKK and also some provincial towns-again-it s all on their website

and also note that at airport you always pay premium price-the bargains they have always on offer wont be shown there