Perth Thai Consulate..

Hi, 

Working in Perth at the moment. Married and live in Thailand.

I have had 2 entries this year to Thailand on 30 day visa exempts, before that I was on a Non O multi which expired in Jan this year..

Do I need to get another Non O multi yet ? Or will I be ok going back in on another visa exemption ? I'm only back in Thailand for 1-2 weeks at a time..

If I have to get a Non O, is Perth obliging in this respect or do I need to organise it elsewhere ??

Thanks

To apply at the Perth for the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage they will want financial proof and the application with have to be approved by the embassy in Canberra. If you want one I suggest you apply for it by mail to the embassy or the consulate in Sydney.

You should not have any problems doing visa exempt entries since you stays are short. Having at least 10k baht in cash and a ticket out of the country would help if you are questioned about what you are doing here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply at the Perth for the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage they will want financial proof and the application with have to be approved by the embassy in Canberra. If you want one I suggest you apply for it by mail to the embassy or the consulate in Sydney.

You should not have any problems doing visa exempt entries since you stays are short. Having at least 10k baht in cash and a ticket out of the country would help if you are questioned about what you are doing here.

Do they require financial proof if I mail an application to Canberra ?

I might just carry cash and continue with visa exempts until questioned !!

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Carry a copy of your contract in Oz although I would imagine 6/8 weeks out and 2/3 in 'shouldn't' be a problem, saying that I'd be more comfortable with the O

I would be more comfortable too but it's a pain trying to get these visas..

Popping over to Savannakhet is great if you live up near the border there :)

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Do they require financial proof if I mail an application to Canberra ?

I might just carry cash and continue with visa exempts until questioned !!

I had a slight delay/problem flying from NZ. Flight delays in country and missed the consulate timing for my non O. Takes 3 days. Had to convince them at check in to let me on the plane as I was on the return  half of the ticket to Thailand. Oz must be easier, yes/no??

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I would be more comfortable too but it's a pain trying to get these visas..

Popping over to Savannakhet is great if you live up near the border there :)

Perth consulate isn't the easiest IMO.

I've found the consulate in Tasmania pretty good and fast.

Only a 12 hour processing time plus a few days for postage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a977 said:

Unless they change way of doing things I found Perth Consulate very helpful, got my O visa there 3 years easy peasy

Things have changed at all the honorary consulates since the issuance of multiple entry visas had restrictions placed upon them some time ago.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Things have changed at all the honorary consulates since the issuance of multiple entry visas had restrictions placed upon them some time ago.

See that what happen when you having fun in LoS  you don't go back to land of Oz for boring old lifestyle and learn all new tricks 

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

From the link above, docs required 

• If you are not an Australian citizen, a proof of Australia Permanent Residency Visa is required. 

I think your visa for Australia will be enough. They show the same thing for tourist visa and I am aware of people getting them that did not have that. 

I suggest you contact them about it.

• Like 1