Hard drive to transfer pics movies from Android.

kevc

Not sure what I would need me and the wife have lots of photos, videos of our daughter on our phones that have now used up all the storage. I'd like to buy a hard drive to transfer them all to but not sure which one would be suitable , thinking of getting an ssd type,

anyone give me an insite to what I could buy.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Check if your phone accepts a memory card (micro SD). If so:

- If it doesn't have one, put one in..

- If it already has one, replace it (can use a bigger one).

If you want to free up some memory, connect the phone to your computer with a standard USB cable, and transfer images to it.

From there you can do whatever you want with them (burn CDs, store them in the cloud, use an external hard disk)

Also many phones come with a cloud storage option you can take advantage of, depending on brand it is either included for free, or can be added through an app.

Check if your phone accepts a memory card (micro SD). If so:
- If it doesn't have one, put one in..
- If it already has one, replace it (can use a bigger one).

If you want to free up some memory, connect the phone to your computer with a standard USB cable, and transfer images to it.
From there you can do whatever you want with them (burn CDs, store them in the cloud, use an external hard disk)

Also many phones come with a cloud storage option you can take advantage of, depending on brand it is either included for free, or can be added through an app.

Thanks for the reply what I'm looking for is an extrenal hard drive preferably ssd type that can connect straight to my phone so I can drag and drop files onto it same way I do with a usb but not sure if its possible as I don't know much about extrenal hard drives.

I would get an external USB hard drive like the Western Digital Mybook range...in fact get 2, backup photos videos and anything else to both....lay them down flat not standing up like books because if they get knocked over while turned on (disk spinning) the drive will be ruined.

I would get an external USB hard drive like the Western Digital Mybook range...in fact get 2, backup photos videos and anything else to both....lay them down flat not standing up like books because if they get knocked over while turned on (disk spinning) the drive will be ruined.

Thanks I'll take a look at them.

I use a normal USB stick with an adapter USB/micro (10 baht shop sell them), because cables can be dodgey on my USB port.

BTW...An unpowered external HD won't work on any phone I have tried, but a powered one might - like the one Johng mentioned? I will try when I get home though, as I have one for my TV, and will let you know.

Archived