30 day period when applying for marriage ext of stay

I finished my job at work and successfully have a 60 day ext of stay based on my baby. It expires at the end of May. 

We are moving to a new city on the weekend prior to the 1st May and I have the TM28 and TM30 ready. On the Monday or tue 1st May I was intending on taking the TM28 and 30 and also taking all documents to change to the ext of stay based on marriage. I nearly have all the requirements ready and will print a few photos as soon as we move in. 

In that 30 day period where they assess the marriage docs etc, we have to go away for 7 to 9 days from the 15th may. Do they normally call before they turn up to see our place? We have a friend staying to walk the dogs. But if they call we could just say we are away a few days? Or can this jeopardize my application? Or should I just leave it until we get back from our trip?

thanks

Which Immigration office will you be reporting to?

Not all offices make home visits for extensions based on marriage.

If your new office has a history of making visits, just notify them of the dates you'll be unavailable.

I think they'd appreciate your notification, so they don't waste their time.

49 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

Do they normally call before they turn up to see our place?

Yes. And they seem to visit shortly after you apply as the home visit paperwork needs to be sent to the regional office with the application.

You should tell them when you apply about any dates you’re going to be away from home, however, unless your going abroad they would still be able to call you on your/your wife’s mobile.