PM says “sucking” of ex-MPs is part of Thai democracy

rooster59

Yes, as an outside, independent observer I must admit - there is a sort of giant sucking sound involving the current political climate.  So, very astute observation by the PM.  Kudos!  :biggrin:

Edited by connda

34 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

"It took me some years to understand that the Bangkok Thais commonly call the countryside Thais 'kwai' (stupid, lazy and dirty) for a reason."

The current situation, military rule, was engineered by Suthep and Prayuth but could not have easily taken place without the great assistance of the 'educated', 'middle-class' Bangkok folk who took part in  'Shut down Bangkok'.  The Bangkok citizens, however well educated, were well 'suckered' and created sufficient chaos to give the army their opportunity.  People of Bangkok, take a look in the mirror and ask yourselves, "who is a buffalo?" 

Now that I do agree with, largely anyway. There isn't any doubt in my view that the army were the tool used by Prem on behalf of the landed gentry of Thailand, and the middle classes, desperate not to be flooded into insignificance by the 'kwai' fell for it hook line and sinker, they of course needed someone to manage the circus, and Suthep, who was forced to resign from the Chuan (I think it was the Chuan government) because he was corrupt (surprise, surprise) was recruited to that role, along with some other no-hopers from the Democrat party. Abhisit knew about all of this of course and I'm told he was the one who demanded the recruits resign from the party lest their part in the conspiracy become obvious.

Bad news is, this isn't going to get any better. Good news is, we're only foreigners and don't matter anyway. Not all, but many of the foreigners are in Thailand for not good but easily understood reasons, but the reality is that we don't count, we don't have a voice, and we cannot catalyse any change.

Might as well drink our coffee and hope the prices don't go up too high. Oops, they're playing my song.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Now that I do agree with, largely anyway. There isn't any doubt in my view that the army were the tool used by Prem on behalf of the landed gentry of Thailand, and the middle classes, desperate not to be flooded into insignificance by the 'kwai' fell for it hook line and sinker, they of course needed someone to manage the circus, and Suthep, who was forced to resign from the Chuan (I think it was the Chuan government) because he was corrupt (surprise, surprise) was recruited to that role, along with some other no-hopers from the Democrat party. Abhisit knew about all of this of course and I'm told he was the one who demanded the recruits resign from the party lest their part in the conspiracy become obvious.

Bad news is, this isn't going to get any better. Good news is, we're only foreigners and don't matter anyway. Not all, but many of the foreigners are in Thailand for not good but easily understood reasons, but the reality is that we don't count, we don't have a voice, and we cannot catalyse any change.

Might as well drink our coffee and hope the prices don't go up too high. Oops, they're playing my song.

"Abhisit knew about all of this of course and I'm told he was the one who demanded the recruits resign from the party lest their part in the conspiracy become obvious."

On another thread on TV forum just last week, there was a photograph of Abhisit, whistle in mouth, embracing with Suthep during the "shut down" campaign.  Abhisit may or may not have  asked 'the 'conspirators' to step down but he was directly involved in the 'action' that led to the coup.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tracker1 said:

it is a part and parcel of Thai democracy. So is a Democraticaly Elected Government just in case he doesn't understand

Outwardly democraticaly elected if you consider that free to vote how you wish is democratic, but in essence, paid, conned, manipulated to vote a certain way may still be considered democratic but hardly fair play. 

18 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Outwardly democraticaly elected if you consider that free to vote how you wish is democratic, but in essence, paid, conned, manipulated to vote a certain way may still be considered democratic but hardly fair play. 

Odd how giving 500bt to a voter is considered vote buying but giving billions to a community isn't even considered campaigning.