Places to see and visit between Surat Thani and Hua Hin

Mario666

Dear all,

My girlfriend has decided to take a week off from her hair and beauty business as this season it is exceptionally quiet on Samui .i.e., No farangs = no money for bar girlies to get their hair and their makeup done and they account for about 90% of her business.

Her idea is to go to Hua Hin as she has never been.

She wants me to drive it (something I would never do by choice) as it is a very long way and with the daily mayhem I see on the roads a journey best avoided.

However, I suppose I will bite the bullet, but don't fancy doing the trip in one day. So I have been looking to see if there are any places worth visiting and maybe stopping overnight en route.

I have looked on the map and there seems to be little or no civilisation that I can see.  At the moment she has suggested stopping overnight at a place called Ban Krut (some spell it Ban Grood) and then maybe hugging the coast up to Hua Hin. I had a look on Google and YouTube about Ban Krut and it seems pretty derelict, desolate and remote with potholes everywhere.

Has anyone taken this route and would you recommend or avoid it? There doesn't seem to be any other places of any size after Chumpon.

Also when we you get to Hua Hin is there much to do in the area apart from visiting a few temples, museums, the Railway station and statues (none of which appeals to me)?

The Cicada Night Market looks okay, but that won't take long.

Also had a look at Cha Am and that looks pretty quiet too.

I am trying to get her to change her mind and go to Phang Na or Krabi instead, but so far she is not budging...Please Help! :sad:

I would be most grateful for your replies.

M

Edited by Mario666