Single tine ripper for tractor

Does anyone know where I could find single tine rippers for my tractor (Kubota L5018)?

I want to create some channels to lay electrical wiring and water pipes in the ground without having to get our workers to spend days digging them by hand.  I don't want to hire an excavator as they all seem to come with wide buckets and I don't want a trench 40cm or more wide.

I have done this myself, using a single tine from my cultivator to make a trench for a water pipe you need to do 2-3 runs to loosen the soil and get some depth.

Where to find a tine, if your area grows sugar cane, most sugarcane growers have a subsoiler, they subsoil between the rows, and most are used as well  to apply fertilizer, but these machines have 2 tines.

So, if you can borrow/ hire one, remove one tine, and move the other tine to the middle, tines are only bolted on.

They are some  2 tine subsoilers about, not eay to find  Thai's are not users of tined implements, a single tine from one of these would do the job . 

If no cane is grown in your area, the machine that is used for rigging, applying fertilizer to maize, can be used again remove one tine, move the other to the middle, with the shape of the tines ,some are like a ducks foot ,it dose not  make such a good job  .have seen this done .

I see you have a problem, I do not know how long a run you have, but this cultivator is one I made, I have used the single tine to make a channel for a water pipe.

Could you make one, just single frame with a single tine welded on would do the job .these are bolted on, this was made of second-hand steel, from scrapyards and recycling centers, cost just a few thousand baht.

I have 3 guys within 5 km of where I live that could weld one of these, they will be someone near you that could make one if you gave them the steel and a plan.

If it is cost effective making one that is, just for a one-off job, but you would have it if you needed it again.  

RIMG0273.JPG

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Also on page 27 of the maize and rotational crops thread are a couple of pictures of rippers i had made locally although the steel in 2nd picture had to come from bangkok.

Hi FJ 

I did think of your ripper, but for a trench  for water pipes and electric cable your blade steel, would be a bit over the top, .but your frame and a mild steel blade would do the job ,and I would say it is only a one-off , so it should  work .and the op's tractor is only rated at 50 hp ,it should not bend any blades, in to an  L shape .

Archived