Ubon Ratchathani airport closed - all flights cancelled

webfact

Ubon Ratchathani airport closed - all flights cancelled

1pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Daily News

All flights were cancelled at Ubon Ratchathani airport last night due to an electrical problem.

The airport was due to remain closed until 8am this morning.

A sign said that there was a technical problem with the runway lighting system.

news_jlaMzgwdoI210833_533.jpg

Daily News reported that many people were left stranded with the sudden closure at 7.20pm last night, Tuesday.

More news as we hear of it.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-02

the term "we apologize for your inconvenience" has gotten more play in thailand than anywhere else in the world! every time something goes wrong they post that nonsense!  I don't think they even know what it means! and not just the Thai's. if they really apologize, than lt them spring for a hotel room! and maybe a box lunch!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

the term "we apologize for your inconvenience" has gotten more play in thailand than anywhere else in the world! every time something goes wrong they post that nonsense!  I don't think they even know what it means! and not just the Thai's. if they really apologize, than lt them spring for a hotel room! and maybe a box lunch!

The London underground has signs apologising for your inconvenience just about everyday.

As far as I know, most service providers post the same message when things go wrong.

Edited by shy coconut
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, captspectre said:

When the cost of a plane ticket is less than a hotel room dont think that will he happening. 

51 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Daytime flights would be no problem or have they lost all their electricity & the generators won't start ?

It was closed at 7.20 pm and re-opened at 0800, so nothing to do with daytime flights..