Sour Cherries in Pattaya

The manic

You can also use dried cherries too .....   Makro on the Sukhumvit sell them in the dried fruit & nuts & seed section ..the brand is "heritage" and they come  in a green package .

Just now, giddyup said:

Not sure if you can buy cherry juice here, but I'm also a long time gout sufferer and I believe the juice is just as beneficial.

So where to get sour cherry juice? Red Cherries are easy to get in and out of season but  white sour cherries are specifically recommended for gout. Its a taxonomic difference that appears not to exist in the UK. I bought imported NZ frozen red cherries last night in Food mart in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Go get yourself some sweet Cherry Pie.

Can solve many ills.

No. Both the pastry and sugar are inflammatory and fattening. Sour Cherries have very specific healthy properties more so then sweet cherries. 

On 5/4/2018 at 7:12 AM, giddyup said:

The guy wants a serious answer to a very painful problem, not stupid responses from would-be "comedians".

Well, he is also one of the so-called comedians. Can we put your bad humour down to the affliction?

2 hours ago, champers said:

Well, he is also one of the so-called comedians. Can we put your bad humour down to the affliction?

Nothing funny about gout. Or childish humour for that matter.

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Nothing funny about gout. Or childish humour for that matter.

Nothing funny but in most cases self induced.

High fat diet, obesity, too much booze.

If one is trying to make a healthy life and not abusing their body the chances of gout are very slim.

Anyone with gout needs to truly look in the mirror and hopefully, change to a more positive lifestyle..

Actually Big C Pattaya Klang had some fresh cherry that looked different to regular cherries from the kings own project. Also I bought Tipco cherry berry juice with strawberries and grape and cranberry juice. It has a bit too much sugar though. Actually I have decided to stop taking Alpipurinol which was prescribed to me years ago but I have lost 22k since then and the weight loss has various benefits including improved vision.

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Nothing funny but in most cases self induced.

High fat diet, obesity, too much booze.

If one is trying to make a healthy life and not abusing their body the chances of gout are very slim.

Anyone with gout needs to truly look in the mirror and hopefully, change to a more positive lifestyle..

This is true but it can be genetic.

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

This is true but it can be genetic.

I'm 6' 2" and weigh 80 kilos, don't smoke or drink and watch what I eat. My father had gout and has passed it on to me, so nothing to do with my lifestyle.

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm 6' 2" and weigh 80 kilos, don't smoke or drink and watch what I eat. My father had gout and has passed it on to me, so nothing to do with my lifestyle.

So it maybe genetic and not heredity  your body can not disburse uric acid and therefore gout   OUCH ....bad luck 

2 hours ago, banglay said:

So it maybe genetic and not heredity  your body can not disburse uric acid and therefore gout   OUCH ....bad luck 

Allopurinol keeps it in check, but if I get a bout it's Colchicine to the rescue.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Allopurinol keeps it in check, but if I get a bout it's Colchicine to the rescue.

Colchine is very old fashioned and takes a while to kick in.  Here in Thailand you can get instant pain relief unlike the UK. Cortisone shots.  Then after gout has cleared return to Alpipurinol...But the long term effects of Alpipurinol are not good....

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Colchine is very old fashioned and takes a while to kick in.  Here in Thailand you can get instant pain relief unlike the UK. Cortisone shots.  Then after gout has cleared return to Alpipurinol...But the long term effects of Alpipurinol are not good....

I'm 76, been using  Allopurinol for 5 years, my life span possibly another 10 years, how long term is it going to be? Not like I started using it at 30.

Archived